How does it affect you #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does it affect you #2

So... The big scarry question, Does Religion Affect your playing? Example: Lets say you are a christian, do you go for founding christianity? or do you go for the first one you can found?
    Ya, I found my religion all the time.
    4.55%
    Ya, but sometimes I found different Religeons
    9.09%
    No, I found the first religeon I can get.
    56.82%
    No, I don't found Religeons
    6.82%
    I am of the Church of Bananaism!
    22.73%

The poll is expired.

I'm an atheïst and I very much like founding religions in civ. So I guess I have to choose the banana option.

Comment

Bananas for me to, as being an atheist, I don't have a religion.

Whether or not I found a religion depends much on my strategy for the game - I usually end up founding at least one religion though.
      Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

I was born christian but am not practicing. It's probably the religion I've founded the least given the way I play.

Comment

Eh, I just grab the nearest religion someone else founds...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Eh, I just grab the nearest religion someone else founds...
            same here... preferably just after they built a shrine for me

But the answer to the poll:

I'm atheist, so there is no "my religion"
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I was born a Christian, but I don't count myself as Christian... and no, it doesn't affect me at all, I just grab what I can get, Christianity is the religion I've founded the least (only founded it once or twice since I got Civ IV)
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

not at all. I go for hinduism every single game. I'm not hindu. I don't even know the ins and outs of the religion, nor do I care. I play noble, so I can get an early religion (not buddhism, that's impossible)

I consider myself a theist (just barely). I don't believe in any particular religion.

Comment

When I play Ashoka, I found Hinduism, not because my ancestors were Hindu but because it's easy.

When I play Romans, I let the other civs found my religions for me
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

As a member of none of the six major religions, I just use the religions as part of gameplay. I am sure that is shocking to some, but there it is. I am just happy my religion even gets mentioned as the default religious civic joice. Pagans, rejoice! We have reached the equivalent of accidental footnote status! Huzzah!
                    If you aren't confused,
                    You don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by proviisori

same here... preferably just after they built a shrine for me

But the answer to the poll:

I'm atheist, so there is no "my religion"
                      There really should be atheist "religion"... Faster research, no happines benefits...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

i usually take the first religion i can get honestly...

If i dont get one i go for theaters and other culture and happiness related buildings... THEN i conquer one

Every game is different however...
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Well, I'm a Christian, but I don't think I found Christianity much more often than the others. Unless I'm playing as a Spiritual civ, I usually miss Buddhism and Hinduism, so I think I usually get Judaism, Confucianism or Christianity. Daoism and Islam come too late for my playing style.
                          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

There really should be atheist "religion"... Faster research, no happines benefits...
                            how come, no happiness benefits?

We can sin our asses off and not worry all the time about getting into heven.
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

How is atheism a religion? I thought by definition it was the lack of belief in God. Who goes to atheist church?

Just turn on freedom of religion.
                              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                              X