Surely you mean the Afghan UB?
    True, that would better suit

Comment

Hey how about a new national wonder...

The Apolyton Civ4 Forums!
      Effects
      - No unhappiness in all cities
      - No production in all cities, cos everyone is reading the forums
      - Research is unchanged, but changes from tech research to strategy research

This wonder also allows a new victory, the Argument victory.
      Every 5 turns a new (actually old) topic comes up for discussion, such as
      • The AI sucks/is ok?
      • Should USA be inthe game?
      • Should siege units be in the game?
      • Is Civ4 exciting or does it all end up the same?
      • Have they solved the endgame issues?
      • Is diplomacy fine/need work?
      • Other more than regular topics
      If you can win all arguments for whatever side you take, you win the game.

Comment

Also, it provides +0.00001 gold per turn as a result of PolyCon attendance.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hey, here's another idea for a big joke

Add the Polynesians as a civ, and the Statues of Moai as a Great Wonder

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Re: Better Unique Units & Buildings for XP2

Originally posted by LordShiva
            French
            Unique wonder: Maginot Line (replaces Great wall)
            It looks just like the great wall on the map, but has big holes in it through which your enemies can invade.
            More accurately: any unit fortified on the Maginot line is automatically destroyed if attacked from within the owners borders
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

:Point:
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's a good one.
                Rome rules

Comment

Slovak great wonder: What are you talking about Roman?

Effect: All other civilizations are blisfully unaware of or ignore the civilization's/country's existence. If they at some point deign to notice the civilization country, the name of the civilizaiton/country is constantly confused with Slovenia or the Czech Republic, even by the leaders, officials and customs agents of other civilizations.
                  Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
                    Slovak great wonder: What are you talking about Roman?

Effect: All other civilizations are blisfully unaware of or ignore the civilization's/country's existence. If they at some point deign to notice the civilization country, the name of the civilizaiton/country is constantly confused with Slovenia or the Czech Republic, even by the leaders, officials and customs agents of other civilizations.
                    As well, if the civ is North American, they still think it's Czechoslovakia, 15 years after the breakup.

Comment

If we're still semi serious in this thread, then how about Roman roads to allow faster movement from the enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by wchalva
                        If we're still semi serious in this thread, then how about Roman roads to allow faster movement from the enemy?
                        That's a bonus, and we're suggesting UX's that have negative effects (to complicate strategy, etc. )

Roman roads: Invading enemies can use them too.

Comment

Unique "Random" Event

Spanish Armada - half of your fleet of galleons is sunk by a storm.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'd be cautious about placing unique penalties upon units and buildings. If the penalties are too great, what's to keep them worth building at all?
                            Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                            +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                            http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                              Unique "Random" Event

I think a Spanish Inquisition random event would be better. No one ever expects it.
                              - Dregor

Comment

Mongols too, if I remember correctly.
                                LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X