No announcement yet.

does it affect you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American who almost never plays America (occasionally I'll play a Roosevelt game). Rameses and Hyuana are by far and away my favorite leaders.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
      American,English and German?

Only Indians and Jews got that (sometimes).

Just joking.

Best regards,
      Mother was American, Father is British (Eng. & Scot.) and German. I'm all three.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by fed1943
        American,English and German?

Only Indians and Jews got that (sometimes).
        As far as I know, there aren't too many Indians who are also American, English and German.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Canadian with South African (not Zulu) and Slovak heritage. I can't vote

So, as the nationless traveler, I play with every civ (right now doing 24 simultaneous games on Earth).

Comment

Originally posted by Virdrago
            Canadian with South African (not Zulu) and Slovak heritage. I can't vote

So, as the nationless traveler, I play with every civ (right now doing 24 simultaneous games on Earth).
            You could count England. Civ does need more Slav options though, at least one better than simply Russia.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

So far, it is obvious that Firaxis didn't need to include America in the game at all!

Comment

No, because I almost allways enjoy playing Russia

Have had a fascination with Russian History since I studied it in school and as far as being American or playing America or thumping on America, I would not hesitate to send a good old Nuke on this sovereign soil in a game in a split second

Gramps
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I always pick a random leader, so I do play occasionally as my own country, but not intentioanlly.
                  Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTiny
                    Hmm... the poll is missing the mandatory banana option, AND the more obvious:

"No, my country isn't available to play in the game"

Stupid americans...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Morrissey
                      I always pick a random leader, so I do play occasionally as my own country, but not intentioanlly.
                      Exactly what I wanted to say. I might have spelled it better, but then again I can spell much better than my fingers can, so who knows what it would have looked like by the time I finished?

And I don't think the survey accurately reflects this "random leader" option. Maybe it needs an "I don't care; I just play and eat bananas." option or something equivalent.
                      If you aren't confused,
                      You don't understand.

Comment

I'm American, and I actually do play America a fair amount when I play conquest games since I like leaders with either Charismatic or Organized when warmongering. Washington is particularly ironic since he has a measure of slavery synergy.

Edit:

Pre-Warlords, I played Elizabeth, Frederick, Washington (mostly) and Tokugawa more often than the others.

Post-Warlords, it's Augustus (mostly), Frederick, Napoleon, and Washington

Comment

I always avoid France, whatever playing civ or travelling through Europe.
                          Strikers who hit transportation systems, expensiv and overstated food, buildings have fancy facades but are leaky with faultered plumbing and electricity systems.
                          People there are notoriously unhelpful and any language that´s not perfect french is unrecognizable to them.

And to the civ, Louis XIV´s face is the ugliest of them all.

To get rid of his face poping up all the time, I played him. Guess what? New top score record.
                          Haven´t beated this with any other leader.

Louis XIV must be the best treated leader for cultural and/or builders.

Comment

Louis XIV must be the best treated leader for cultural and/or builders.
                            He is. That's why I use him when I play as the Canadians.

Alex: My South African background includes American, New Zealander, German, English, Irish, and Scottish from way back, so I guess I have something there.... and the Slovak side has German as well. My last name seems to be Turkish... they did reach the area my dad's from. That may explain why I play with every civ possible at some point. I enjoy history thanks to my families'.

English, American, Celt, German, Turkish... yep, I play them all.

Comment

I'm Dutch and we're not in the game.
                              But even if we would be in (and we should be in ) I would chose the civ I play purely on the traits it got. And that changes from time to time, so from time to time I would actually play the Dutch.... if they were in the game.

(I miss that option: "I don't treat my nation as another civ in civ")
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I play random. I consider it a form of cheating to actually choose the nation you wish to play.
                                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X