Anyone Played Medieval 2 Total War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Played Medieval 2 Total War

So how does Civ 4 stand up to a game like Medieval 2 total war. I have yet to try Civ 4.

Just tryin to get some input.

From what I understand, Medieval War is a RTS, whereas Civ IV is turn based.

I also suspect the Medieval War series is more for warfare/battle purists. Civ IV is history condensed into a cartoony kind of format.

Personally, I loath the Medieval series - the idea of having to manage 10000 odd soldiers in a battle chills my blood.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

No Medieval 2 Total War is a Turn basted strategy game much like civ 4, only time its RTS is during the battles, a bonus feature in my mind....but its got all the city/army management controls, diplomatic, and religion. Seems its got all the stuff civ 4 does plus Real Time combat, and its medieval era

Comment

I like them both, though I find Civ4 to be a more compelling open-ended replay experience. M2TW is still very fun, and I've followed the TW franchise from the beginning (since Shogun).
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The thing I've realised about both of them is that the Total War series is based on a land grab conqueor the world game, although it does have quiet a bit of diplomacy, religion, and other aspects that make the game very in depth. The game is based on Total War (hence the title)

Civ 4 seems to be based not so much on just land grabbing every civ around you but more on achievements for victory.

I enjoy both styles, But when I war with another faction/civ I like to be in control. Something that civ 4 doesnt really offer.

Comment

Try the thread in Other Games.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Try the thread in Other Games.
              He is a settler...he is yet to discover our little neck o' the woods

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hence my post.

Comment

Working...
                X