No announcement yet.

Cultural Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other day, i had ashoka on my continent. I just hit the industrial age, when my spies revealed he was researching sci-method... in 30 turns... (epic speed) - now thats quite long i thought - checked the victory screen... delhi at 60.000 and his next to at 40k and 20k (roughly)... aha ! So Mr. Ashoka actually chose to serve himself on a silver-plate by stoping to research and then force me to devour him, by going for a cultural victory. My tanks steamrolled his army of grenadiers and took over his empire in a matter of 10 turns or so... that was almost too easy (thats btw the game where i went for both CV and space race victory at the same turn then). With my brother, i once had an easy time promising him my full military support in 20 turns - cause after 15 i won CV (he sucks in civ ).

Comment

So the conclusion is that you can affford cultural victory only if you are both advanced and powerful. Builders living off on minimum military will not survive the AI onslaught.

Comment

If you are playing the "aggresive AI" option, that is correct. If you fall behind on the power graph, they will come at you with their SOD's. Even if you have more advanced units, they will attack.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Dogpiles are also much more common on Aggressive AI.

Each one may be weaker - but together.......

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
          X