Cultural Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural Victory

How does one win by a cultural victory? I was playing at Noble level, and throughout the game my top 3 cultural cities were the three highest in the game. But I never won by cultural victory.

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but am I simply being dumb enough and there is a way to win or does the game just pop up a "You've won by cultural victory" throughout the game?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

You need to have three cities hit Legendary culture. If memory serves, on Normal game speed, that'd be 50 thousand culture.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

That would explain it then, thanks.

Comment

So, I just achieved my first cultural victory, but it never showed up in the "Hall of Fame." Is this a known bug?

Comment

Apparently using corporations is a big way to up culture points in a city. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but then what do I know?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by razbo9999
            So, I just achieved my first cultural victory, but it never showed up in the "Hall of Fame." Is this a known bug?
            Check to make sure you have it set to display games won by all victory conditions.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will

Check to make sure you have it set to display games won by all victory conditions.
              Yup, been there, done that. My problem is in BtS; is this a new wrinkle there, perhaps?

Comment

all of my cultural victories show up in the hall of fame.

Comment

Depends heavilly upon WHICH corporations you found along with how many of those resources you have.

The only Corporations that boost culture are Sushi (also boosts food), Creative Construction (also boosts Minerals), and Civilized Jewelers (also boosts local gold in addition to the corp headquarters). The other three (Cerial Meals, Standard Ethanol, Alumnium Inc. do NOT boost culture.)

In my current game on a contential map with possesion of about 75% of the land area of my starting landmass, I just founded Sushi the turn getting that tech and am getting 12 raw culture per turn from it. Futher boosted due to a Catherdial being present there, so effectively 18. (A few techs before one of my cities produced a Great Merchant, which I hung onto for it. I'm Liz and running Pacifism so I produce lots of Great People.)

Originally posted by Theben
                  Apparently using corporations is a big way to up culture points in a city. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but then what do I know?
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Resources example: Rome is size 19 (city size affects the minus-gold part);
                    Sid's Sushi: +11 food, +44 culture, -13 gold
                    Civilized Jewelers: +6 gold, +24 culture, -5 gold

The Civilopedia (under Corporations, strangely enough) tells how many resources gives how much ....
                    Then you get carried away with trading, get more stuff than you need, and start paying more in costs. But if you are having no financial problems, who gives a bleep.

Comment

Well with Sids Sushi joint I had so many resources owned or traded that any city with the corp in it (of mine) was getting +110 culture/turn, so that victory didn't take long.
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Personally I consider it an exploit to buy extra copies of resources just for your corporations.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                          Personally I consider it an exploit to buy extra copies of resources just for your corporations.
                          Trading for resources you already have was actually a feature added in BTS so you could get extra resources for your corps.
                          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                          The video may avatar is from

Comment

What he said- I don't think you can even get extra of the same resource until you have a corporation that can exploit them.

Comment

I just won my first ciltural victory - as the Byzantines on a large map on marathon. I needed three cities with 150,000 culture each!

Does anyone know how what the legendary culture levels are based on game speed/map size? I ended up declaring war and razing a couple of rival cities because I didn't know whrere the endpoint was.

Leo

Comment

Working...
                              X