No announcement yet.

Cultural Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if nothing else you can go into the city screen and hover over the culture progress bar (on the left) to see what you need for the next level. If you're that far into the game, the "next level" will be Legendary, so you can see how much is needed.

Wodan

Comment

I believe it's 25,000-50,000-100,000-150,000 but i'm not 100% sure.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I am startled to see people being confused about this. Cultural victory is the most clear-cut and most often easiest to achieve IMHO. On epic its 75.000 culture btw.
        The 110 culture per turn dont impress me that much really. that would still take some 700 turns for getting legendary on epic. When you do aim for a cultural victory, at the end of the game, with corps, cathedrals, the multiplying wonders and such, 1.000 culture per turn is a rough number to aim for. And that still means 50 or so turns without research at the end of the game and one or two cities producing nothing but culture in that time. It also means free speech instead of bureucracy asap. Anyways, for the builder-type of player, cultural victory is a tempting and viable alternative to space race, since it is usually achievable sooner and easier. If you happen to find yourself way ahead of the pack by luck, and still want to have some kind of challenge, try to go for both: Cultural victory on the turn that your space ship lands...

Comment

110 culture/turn would be pre-multipliers, I imagine. This would translate to 400-500 culture/turn, plus whatever else you were getting. Certainly, nothing to sneer at.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            I believe it's 25,000-50,000-100,000-150,000 but i'm not 100% sure.
            It's 32,000 (I'm not quite sure on this one) - 50,000 - 75,000 - 150,000
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
              Apparently using corporations is a big way to up culture points in a city. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but then what do I know?
              The corporations make big donations and contributions to museums, and buy a lot of famous paintings for really big money. All this give a lot of cultural bonuses.

RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas
              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Besides, everyone knows that people who eat sushi are much more cultured then people who don't.

Comment

With a couple of early religions, and then some great people farms that can crank out GA's... Cultural Victories are a piece of cake.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Also make sure you have nine cities so you can get Cathedrals in all three victory cities (three temples per Cathedral rule). Makes it a lot easier. As does playing China for the pavilions.
                    Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Being Louis XIV and having salons is a nice combo for a Cultural Victory
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Cultural victory is so UNDERWHELMING. Most likely you will be at mercy of other AI Civs.

If I know an AI civ is going for a cultural victory, I will arm myself to the teeth and raze their cities to the ground at all cost. It's fortunate for human players that the AI is not resorting to this kind of behavior....

Comment

Well in my game any AI attempting that with their cavalry and grenadiers would've been mowed down by my marines and/or armor..

Oh, and after modifiers those 3 cities were generating 900-1200 culture/turn.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by One_more_turn
                            Cultural victory is so UNDERWHELMING. Most likely you will be at mercy of other AI Civs.
                            They do come at you... Last time I tried it, I started on end and the first three cities were protected by the rest of my empire. While my three cities were doing their culture thing, every other city was building the army.

I needed it. I think the AI does react like a human does, because they came for my throat
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Culture wins are not a goal of mine unless I play a CRE leader.
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

If you're creative, then using a creative LEADER would be a drag (as in "too EASY"). Unless you are playing a high difficulty level, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X