• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to Firaxis: add Poland as a playable civ

Hi,

On behalf of two Polish civ-players communities:
    http://civ.org.pl/ - Polish civilization portal
    http://kac.civland.com/ - Klub Anonimowych Civ-maniaków (eng. Anonymous Civ-maniacs Club)
    I would like to announce that we have just began to collect signatures for our petition to Firaxis. Our goal is to include Poland as a playable civ in future versions and add-ons of Civilization game.
    All of our arguments are listed in the petition:
    We, the Undersigned civ-players, would like to see Poland as one of the playable civilizations in future versions of this great (3495 signatures on petition)

We would be very grateful if any of you will support this idea.
    Please sign this petition.

P.S. I hope that it is not forbidden to post such announcements here - I tried to find better sub-forum but can't find one.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/224875277 - petition to add Poland as a playable civ in Sid Meier's Civilization
    http://www.civilization.org.pl/ - Polish club of Civilization players

Poland is already in the game! (Mongols scenario :P)

I don't mind them being added added as a civ. But not before the Dutch

Comment

Just the names can be, or not, added.

Countries are a very serious thing; Civ is just a game.

Best regards,

Comment

Yeah, add Yakostonesia too!
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Of all civs to add, Poland would come somewhere looooooong down on the list.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

probably before Micronesia but definitely after Canada, Djibouti, Tibet, Malaysia, Denmark, and Aboriginal Australia
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Also after Banana

Banana needs a Civ!!

All in Favor of Banana say "It's peanut butter jelly time!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                probably before Micronesia but definitely after Canada, Djibouti, Tibet, Malaysia, Denmark, and Aboriginal Australia
                Poland probably is further up the list than that. They controled much of central and eastern Europe until Peter the Great conqured much of it. They be given equal priorty as Ethiopia.

Oh ya, It's peanut butter jelly time!!
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

@Diadem - our petition preamble is:
                  "We, the Undersigned civ-players, would like to see Poland as one of the playable civilizations in future versions of this great game, by many of us regarded as best computer game ever created."
                  so we want Poland as a playable civilization, not an AI-controlled tribe in one of the scenario
                  Of course, we do not want ONLY Poland to be added, so Netherlands is welcome as well

@fed1943 - of course we are thinking about adding one more nation in game, 'cause Poland as a state exists for more tha 1000 years (officially we consider 966 - Baptism of Poland as the beginning of our State).

@Nikolai - please read our petition to know our arguments, I hope your point of view will change afterwards

@Metaliturtle - I consider your post as a joke for example: in XV-XVI century in union with Lithuania our commonwealth was largest country in Europe, with biggest population counting 25% of Europe population.
                  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/224875277 - petition to add Poland as a playable civ in Sid Meier's Civilization
                  http://www.civilization.org.pl/ - Polish club of Civilization players

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    Of all civs to add, Poland would come somewhere looooooong down on the list.
                    Agreed
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

you forgot poland

Comment

Ideska: We've had our fair shares of discussion on this topic before.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ideska: you didn't get my point.

What I tried to say is that any Nation is more than worth to be in a

game.

(BTW, my own country is not in the game and this do not hurt me).

Best regards,

Comment

Ideska:

Just install this and start playing:
                            http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.p...&page=0#125888

There is no need to wait for Firaxis to add some country into game when we have so many mods that do it already.

I even got Finland in the game! Conquering the world!!!
                            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

UU could be that submarine with the screen door, instead of an Apollo program, Poland would just build a rocket to tha sun... maybe this is a good idea after all!

Comment

Working...
                              X