Why Were Kublai and Qin Swapped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Were Kublai and Qin Swapped?

I understand that early in development Qin was meant to be Kublai and vice versa, but why change them now after everyone was used to them the other way around?
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Soren may be the only one who knows. They do look more historical this way, but to me, it really was an irrelevant change.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I don't know, but my guess is "finally got around to it."

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        I don't know, but my guess is "finally got around to it."

-Arrian
        I wonder why they swapped them in the first place (requiring them to switch them back now).
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Casting error...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

This is really one of the most bizarre changes I have ever seen made in a patch. Is there anyone out there that actually likes this?

I can't help but view the original Civanilla Qin and Kublai as their "true" selves.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
              This is really one of the most bizarre changes I have ever seen made in a patch. Is there anyone out there that actually likes this?

I can't help but view the original Civanilla Qin and Kublai as their "true" selves.
              It doesn't really bother me. I think it just takes some getting used to.

Comment

Monkspider, play for another year, and you'll be well used to the way it is now .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Monkspider, play for another year, and you'll be well used to the way it is now .
                  Everyone is familiar with Qin beeing Qin and Kublai beeing Kublai from the very first day CIV for was released.
                  For this reason I don´t think people will ever get used to the change - it comes one full year too late!!

I compleatly agree with Monkspider. This is a very bizzare "improvement" for a patch.

So with the next patch we can perhaps expect seeing Hatsepshut and Isabella swapping or something of the like?
                  GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                  even mean anything?

Comment

Maybe one of the devs had been bothered by the fact that they were switched for the release all year..and now the other devs gave him a break and swapped them.

Just a theory :P

Now back to invading the "oh so peacefull ghandi who silently takes over my cities with cultural means..."

Comment

Everyone is familiar with Qin beeing Qin and Kublai beeing Kublai from the very first day CIV for was released.
                      For this reason I don´t think people will ever get used to the change - it comes one full year too late!!

But the way it's now is more historically correct . Plus, okay, it's been that way for a year. Which means that in two years, everyone will certainly be used to the way it's now. Though I sure agree it's not exactly the most usual patch change I've seen.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Maybe it's just me but I think the backgrounds suit their new tenants better than their old ones. Particularly Kublai's background.
                        LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Here's some images: one of Qin, one of Kublai. Who is who? Which was modeled on what? Take a guess.
                          Attached Files

Comment

haven't played the patch yet, but what was swapped? their images?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              haven't played the patch yet, but what was swapped? their images?
                              the leaderheads, but not their backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X