Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's going to freak me out!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      That's going to freak me out!
      Why?

Players never complained before, because they probably did not know or had forgoten their history.

If Firaxis had shown the Houses of Parliament or Whitehall instead of the Pentagon - I am sure there would be a barrage of complaints.

After all history is just what people remember - and mistakes, no matter how seemingly trivial should be corrected.

If not those in the future - may take our mistakes as the truth.
      "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

I like the swap. From the pictures I've seen of Kublai (I've seen Alexander's Kublai picture elsewhere), it's more realistic.

Comment

hehe
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

There was a mod on this somewhere, I forget whether it was here of CFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

Players never complained before, because they probably did not know or had forgoten their history.
              You can't forget what the average American was never really taught ...
              "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
              "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
              "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalCanaan

You can't forget what the average American was never really taught ...
                Heh. I once saw a Civ player complain that there was no "British," "Soviet," or "Italian" civilizations. "Weren't they, like, really important?"

Which reminds me, there are a lot of conflated Civs. Prussia is notable, as is Italy being essentially represented solely as ancient Rome. The Hebrew people were critical to ancient history and aren't represented at all, but all of their enslavers are all there (Babylon, Egypt, Arabia, Germany, and basically everybody else in the world), and there are no modern Latin American civilizations at all, only Mesoamerican, sort of like Italy's plight. Canada is missing, it's basically subsumed into America. We kind of get the Huns and Turks, I guess. But Prussia strikes me as a notable omission. Mostly Prussia and Latin America stand out to me as major omissions. But you can't really have both Prussia and Germany, half of the city names would be the same. Holland was also a major world player for a long time, especially during the age of exploration. MIA.

Comment

Working...
                X