XP2: All Bets Are On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP2: All Bets Are On!

With the announcement of XP2 just around the corner, it's time to guess what the features will be.

The winner (closest guesses) receives a nice, brand-spanking new, extra shiny... place in the hearts of his or her fellow Apolytoners.

My guesses:

Title/Theme: Age of Discovery
    Civs: Babylon, Mayans, Iroquois, Dutch, Portuguese, Byzantines
    Units: Cruise Missile, Partisan
    Wonders: Statue of Zeus, Mausoleum, East India Trading Co. (or something like it)
    New Leaders: Meiji, Lincoln, Pericles, Philip II
    Features: Something for Trade, Something for Diplomacy, Better AI (duh)
    Last edited by Alexander I; October 25, 2006, 18:07.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

With the announcement of XP2 just around the corner, it's time to guess what the features will be.
    Conjecture or fact?
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin

Conjecture or fact?
      What I mean is to theorize what you think is most likely, based on what you already know, rather than saying simply what you would like.

In other words, most likely rather than most liked.
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Re: XP2: All Bets Are On!

Originally posted by Alexander01

The winner (closest guesses) receives a nice, brand-spanking new, extra shiny... place in the hearts of his or her fellow Apolytoners.
        So whoever gets it right, gets all the votes of people who thought something for the Hall of Fame.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: Re: XP2: All Bets Are On!

Originally posted by Will9

So whoever gets it right, gets all the votes of people who thought something for the Hall of Fame.
          Well, then the people who already know would win for sure.

Comment

After being sent to Leavenworth for NDA violations .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              True enough. Better not give it all away, Solver.
              So does anybody (who doesn't already know) have any guesses?
              Last edited by Alexander I; October 25, 2006, 18:13.

Comment

My guess for theme: Religious wars/Crusades

Comment

Come on dude. What's in it?

I'm POSITIVE Firaxis doesn't read these forums.

So....... please? How much do we have to raise to pay you off?

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    My guess for theme: Religious wars/Crusades
                    I think the inclusion of a feature like that is probable, but I don't think Firaxis will make two war-themed expansions in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

Come on dude. What's in it?

I'm POSITIVE Firaxis doesn't read these forums.

So....... please? How much do we have to raise to pay you off?

Dale
                      Well, if you can stage a coup to overthrow Markos and Dan and give Apolyton to me, I might consider publically saying whether XP2 has Giant Death Robots or not .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, if you can stage a coup to overthrow Markos and Dan and give Apolyton to me, I might consider publically saying whether XP2 has Giant Death Robots or not .
                        Don't you mean Giant Death Robotic Praetorians?
                        "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Well I heard Markos has Super Hoplites. Oh wait, he's a Byzantine?! Make that Super Cataphracts!

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Well I heard Markos has Super Hoplites. Oh wait, he's a Byzantine?! Make that Super Cataphracts!
                            I'm the Alexander01 of the Byzantines, so I say those will be put in. I'll try think of so more ideas.

Super Death Robotic Preatorians would be awsome, but could someone mod them since they will never get added. (remember they kill all enemy units withen 30,000,000 squares)
                            Last edited by Will9; October 25, 2006, 22:13.
                            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: XP2: All Bets Are On!

I missed the XP2 announcement, but I'll still put in my two cents.
                              My guesses:

Title/Theme: Science vs. Religion (might be themes of both #s 2 and 3 split up)
                              Civs: Sumeria, Maya, Khmers, Vietnam/Siam, Dutch, Poland, maybe Morocco
                              Units: Cruise Missile, Guerrilla/Partisan (I know you already said those, Alex, but they make the most sense)
                              Wonders: Temple of the Moon, Alhambra, Statue of Zeus
                              New Leaders: Meiji, Lincoln, Viracocha, Darius, Pericles, Philip II (yes, again Alex )
                              Features: something for trade, slight changes with religions, Blake employed for AI

Comment

Working...
                              X