Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if they're looking at this list for the next expansion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
      *1 Acropolis, Athens, Greece*(Parthenon)
      2 Alhambra, Granada, Spain
      *3 Angkor Wat temple, Cambodia*
      *4 Chichen Itza Maya site, Yucatan, Mexico*
      5 Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
      6 Colosseum, Rome
      7 Easter Island Statues, Chile
      *8 Eiffel Tower, Paris*
      *9 Great Wall, China*
      *10 Hagia Sophia church, Istanbul, Turkey*
      11 Kyomizu Temple, Kyoto, Japan
      *12 Kremlin/St.Basil's, Moscow*
      13 Machu Picchu, Peru
      14 Neuschwanstein Castle, Fussen, Germany
      15 Petra ancient city, Jordan
      *16 Pyramids of Giza, Egypt*
      *17 Statue of Liberty, New York*
      *18 Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom*
      19 Sydney Opera House, Australia
      *20 Taj Mahal, Agra, India*
      *21 Timbuktu city, Mali*(University of Sankore)
      I must admit, I think this is a very silly list.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        I must admit, I think this is a very silly list.
        Yes, were it up to me, I would have made a very different list. It looks to me like their committee is trying to please major countries by putting their stuff on the list.

I'm German, and I enjoy German culture, but Neuschwanstein as one of the world's 7 greatest wonders? Please!
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Here's the full list:
          *1 Acropolis, Athens, Greece*(Parthenon)
          2 Alhambra, Granada, Spain
          *3 Angkor Wat temple, Cambodia*
          *4 Chichen Itza Maya site, Yucatan, Mexico*
          5 Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
          6 Colosseum, Rome
          7 Easter Island Statues, Chile
          *8 Eiffel Tower, Paris*
          *9 Great Wall, China*
          *10 Hagia Sophia church, Istanbul, Turkey*
          11 Kyomizu Temple, Kyoto, Japan
          *12 Kremlin/St.Basil's, Moscow*
          13 Machu Picchu, Peru
          14 Neuschwanstein Castle, Fussen, Germany
          15 Petra ancient city, Jordan
          *16 Pyramids of Giza, Egypt*
          *17 Statue of Liberty, New York*
          *18 Stonehenge, Amesbury, United Kingdom*
          19 Sydney Opera House, Australia
          *20 Taj Mahal, Agra, India*
          *21 Timbuktu city, Mali*(University of Sankore)
          You know, the trouble with this list is that most of these are already in Civ. From the list, I think the only one I would consider worthy of inclusion is the Alhambra, maybe Machu Picchu. Maybe. Barely. And the Colosseum can be built at any city already as a Colosseum, but maybe they could call it the Flavian Amphitheatre to differentiate. I really don't think it needs to be in though.
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I agree with the previous post. Most of the items on the list are covered or not needed. I do like the Easter Island Statues, though. It's mostly because they are so unexplained that they do qualify as a mystery, a Wonder. I think they should have some interesting religious effect. How about 50% bonus production against Missionaries? They (Missionaries) are not all that expensive in hammers, so it is not too big a bonus, but it could be subtly game affecting. I'd probably link it to one of the naval techs, like Optics or Compass. It's not like we actually know what technology was used. After all, it was aliens that actually made them, you know!
            If you aren't confused,
            You don't understand.

Comment

I think there are enough or even too many wonders in the game already. We don't need any more.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Could help eliminate other religions from your empire, or give bonuses to your religion.
                Well, since multiple religions in city/civ doesn't have any negative effects, and can have many positive effects from temples to monasteries, I doubt getting rid off any would be desirable... Unless you got a huge bonus for the remaining one...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  Unless you got a huge bonus for the remaining one...
                  Yes, that would be the point. Some sort of domineering control that the player can exploit.

Comment

But considering, that you could have three or four religions in majority of your cities, it would have to be huge... Hmmmm, perhaps that could offset the impending doom one faces separated on one's own continent...

And I wonder, what would happen to religious buildings allready present... but of the wrong religion?
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                    X