Wat do u want to see in civ 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wat do u want to see in civ 5?

I think it would be more realistic if you had to pay lump sum of money for units instead of just take away 1 gold per turn. i think from trade routes you should earn something like 1000 gold per per turn. And i think that towns should earn you loads of money like 2000 gold if you work on it. and i think u should have to pay for buildings this makes it more realistic. and also i think if you keep your people happier it should make your money and production and research shoot up.
    wat do u think?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

But also - could be a genuine first time poster - time will tell.
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        Nice way to welcome a first time poster to the forum, Dis!

Although the topic does not interest you (nor me much for that matter), this kind of response is far from polite.

Welcome to our forums, davidono! Don't let this initial flaming discourage you from participating.

On topic:
        The series were never ment to be 100% realistic. Real life is far to complicated to be simulated in a computer game. But every iteration brings the game more complexity, and Civ5 (if ever introduced) will be no different.
        I'd like:
        - ability to research multiple techs or tech areas simultaneously. Discovering happening a little more at random like in real life.
        - ability to do multiple builds simultaneously in the same city with an option to allocate work force.
        - ability to differentiate cities research/gold/culture/production spending, this including your point of more differentiated budgeting
        - some kind of global economy (IMF, World Bank) to allow external debts etc. Also an ability to buy and sell limited rescources in an open global market (oil, coal, metals etc). Mid/Late game wonders/projects: Commodity Exchange and World Bank
        - all this and more without extreme micromanaging, and always as a turn based consept.

By the way; I love Civ4 as it is.

- Cal
        "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I would like to see an option to disband a city and re-distribute its population.

Comment

Or at least to be able to disband a city.

Also - I know I have said this elsewhere, but....

I would like to have more control over trade, not just automated trade networks.

Also the UN IMO needs some serious work. Civ's should be able to ignore the resolutions, and face the consequences, depending on their size and political standing.
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I would like the promise of improved naval warfare to finally be delivered on.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

A way to browse and post on Apolyton from within the game. With a built-in spellchecker.

Comment

fix the goto command so you don't attack units you didn't mean to.

Take out the red items in the diplo menues. Everything has a price. Even if they said you don't have enough for that.

increase AI upgrade costs a bit.

have a utility to redistribute some pop. (even if it cost or had risks)

ditto ability ot disband city.

Make the AI a touch more accomodating when you're poised to cream their last city.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

uhh, did anyone actually read the OP. Those didn't seem like serious inclusions. Hence my spam comment.

Comment

Originally posted by davidono
                        I think it would be more realistic if you had to pay lump sum of money for units instead of just take away 1 gold per turn.
                        The 1 gold per turn should be considered wages. Without a loss per turn for your armies, it would be too easy to have huge militaries. There has to be some limiting factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          uhh, did anyone actually read the OP. Those didn't seem like serious inclusions. Hence my spam comment.

He sounded serious to me. Looks like he thinks cities should be based on money.... instead of production (shields) for building units/buildings. The numbers are a bit high but who knows what scale he was thinking of.

Anyhow... I have a suggestion... what I would REALLY like to see in the civ series.

UNIQUE TECH trees. Kind of similar to the Master or Orion I / II games.

A real life example : Western world uses mostly heavy armor and damage avoidance on tanks, single rotor with tail counter rotor for helis. Eastern countries use stuff like reactive armor on tanks and helis have dual rotors with no tail rotor.

Would be nice if tech tree branches would split and you'd have to choose which path to take... closing the other path. Items in the other paths may only be available then by trade/conquest.

ie: Some nation decides defensive branch which may have great defense units, economy techs etc. But only limited units for war mongering. The alternate brance to this could be a war branch with aggresive units, production techs but no economy techs etc.
                          DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

I would really like the ability to nuke other civilizations.
                            "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." — John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Wildbore
                              I would really like the ability to nuke other civilizations.

Build manhattan project.... and link up some uranium !
                              DONT MAKE BANANA ANGRY !

Comment

Working...
                              X