No announcement yet.

Which speed do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted bananna because I made my own speed. Longer than marathon but build times for buildings and units is faster.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

Epic. I used to like Marathon a lot, but it just feels like it's taking too long to do anything. I'm sure there's a mod that increases build speed in Marathon games; that's what I'd want.

Hopefully a Firaxian will see this poll and bear it in mind for Civ V....slower is better, and Marathon has won the vast majority of the votes thus far. Granted, it's still a smallish poll, but the early results are...compelling.
      I hope the opposite. In my experience, the more a game developer takes the diehard/serious player's opinion as gospel, the more likely it's not going to be fun for the rest of us gamers.
      It's a CB.
      --
      SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

See Civ III.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Shr3dZ
          Standard.

For anyone that has a limited amount of time in front of the computer, this speed is just about perfect. Especially when cIV isnt the only thing installed on my system.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Over 90% percent of my games are on Standard speed. Marathon is too slow for me but I had a few marathon games and found them to be easyer than standard. Although it is very hard for me to play something other than standard speed because I have no idea if 100 turns for CoL is awfull or great for example.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

They way Vel phrased the original statement suggests that Vel would liek the normal game in Civ V to be slower all round. If this is done, then the "Quicker" version of Civ V, while faster than the standard game speed version, (is) slower than ideal.

The thing to remember is that there have not been many calls for an even slower game speed, and there have not been calls for a faster game speed. This suggests to me that CIV players are happy with the spread of game speeds, and that they need not be changed in Civ V.

edit: my grammar sucks
              Last edited by Krill; September 15, 2006, 13:41.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Standard.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

When I played vanilla, I often played standard and I found that it was entertaining and games were easier to finish, but it just didn't give me that immersive, intense experience I was used to in III. It was more like "Civ Lite".
                  Now with Warlords, I like marathon for SP.

Comment

I've moved to Epic. I don't have time for Marathon, though, so I'm stopping here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                      Over 90% percent of my games are on Standard speed. Marathon is too slow for me but I had a few marathon games and found them to be easyer than standard. Although it is very hard for me to play something other than standard speed because I have no idea if 100 turns for CoL is awfull or great for example.
                      It's ****e :P 100 turns for anything is bad, even on marathon. But I know what you mean. I only play marathon, and so when I play normal or epic or (god forbid) quick, my pacing is totally off - I have no idea what is fast/slow.

Marathon is the only true path.

Comment

Where is the option for 'quick'?

Am I really the only one in the world who does not enjoy spending hours of pointlessly pressing enter waiting for bronze working to be researched, only 265,284 turns left?

I usually play standard, but sometimes I do quick as well. This actually puts me at a disadvantage. As my primary cities usually produce every military unit in a single turn anyway, playing a slower speed would be better for me (since you can't build 2 military units per turn).

But really... I'ts so boooooring.

Comment

Marathon, all the way.The opening is a little slow, but there is always that first bit of exploring to do, which is somehow so entertaining. (I haven't figured out just what is so entertaining about it. I probably wouldn't put up with it from other games, but Civ is different somehow)

It did change my game. Because of the nature of Marathon, there is more tendency to use military confrontation as opposed to pure builder, but that has allowed me to explore more of Civ4's features and nuances.

However, it has not helped my relations with Isabella. She is always Buddhist and I am always something else and she is always just out of reach of an early military solution to the problem. This pattern is probably not directly related to Marathon speed, but the number of turns I spend challenged with it is. Oddly enough, that is one of the big plusses for me and Marathon speed.

(Now, if they just adjust the Great General speed a fraction, I will be even happier. Or even more challenged. Or better yet, both!)
                          If you aren't confused,
                          You don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                          X