Which speed do you play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which speed do you play?

Since I've tried Marathon, I found myself addicted to this speed. Even if the game is much longuer, I do not want to return to any other speed.

So, which speed do you play?
    Standart
    25.19%
    Epic
    31.30%
    Marathon
    35.88%
    Banana's are Eternal!
    7.63%
    bleh

I voted marathon, though I still play some epic speed games. But I'd say about 60 to 70% of my games are marathon.

though I keep meaning to try a quick game just for the hell of it. I bet my units will be obsolete before I move them out of my cities.

Comment

I play Epic, Marathon games are too long...
      But also Standard is not so bad, especially if you aim to a peacefully victory (I think conquest games are easier at Epic and Marathon).

Comment

you seem to have missed quick off the poll mate. Thats what I play mostly because I mostly play MP games
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Marathon
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Normal. Warmongering is too easy on the other speeds

Comment

just finished my first quick game. random civ (arabs). I played a warlord difficulty as I wasn't sure what to expect. And I still struggle on noble diff with some civs (mainly non financial ).

I ended up with my highest score on the hall of fame list despite my latest space ship win (2008 I believe). I didn't even start the Apollo program when the 100 turn message came up! Amazingly I got the ship built.

I may have done too much warmongering, it took a while to catch up in tech. Despite what some have said of the Celts, they were kicking ass in tech! They only had like 6 cities on a normal sized fractal map. I had more cities, yet they were ahead of me in tech. Like I said, I do better with financial civs. they beat me around the world and to liberalism. I have never been beat to liberalism, even on noble; though that is because of what I did below.

Though I took an interesting approach in this game. I went for all 7 religions, and I got all 7 religions. But it put me behind in other tech. The Vikings attacked and took one of my cities, I barely got it back with 3 archers (I didn't have iron hooked up yet and I had no copper). I also didn't have coal later, but was able to trade for it.

After my war with them, I had horse archers finally. I upgraded them to camel archers and took out the zulu's only city (I trapped them in a peninsula). I then took on the celts. It was slow at first, but I took 4 cities including their capital and they capitulated. Though the *******s still wouldn't trade me their tech!

What's the point of vassals if they won't trade you their tech?

I then took out a stray city the Japanese put in my territory. Then went balls to the walls on infrastructure and research. No one was close except the greeks. The only thing they built was broadway.

I just can't believe I got the ship built in time, and got such a high score. Normal fractal map, took me 3 hours 11 minutes. Interesting, but I doubt I'll play quick that often. Though I may try it again someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                I then took on the celts. It was slow at first, but I took 4 cities including their capital and they capitulated. Though the *******s still wouldn't trade me their tech!

What's the point of vassals if they won't trade you their tech?
                Yes - very frustrating!

I play Marathon - is there any other speed?
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Ever since maraton was avaliable I have only played that speed
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

mostly marathon. though if I want a more fastpaced game I run epic from time to time. usually just for a short while cause I want to try out some trait or UU\UB. (I've even played a few experimental games on *gasp* Normals speed)
                    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I usally play epic, but I'm trying marathon now.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Normal. Everything else is too slow, I still have time for 4-5 seperate wars on normal

Comment

4-5 separate wars? on marathon you can 4-5 wars in each era

damn you all. now I feel like going home to play
                          should be studying!
                          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Well, I mean 4-5 complete wars, 2 ancient era, 1 or 2 with macemen (ending with gunpowder units) and normally 1 modern if I bother to play that far on. Removing the AI entirely is the only way to go

Comment

Epic or Marathon depending on what I'm doing.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X