Stalin in Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalin in Civ?

I wrote about my astonishment about Stalins appearence in Warlords... I don't want to talk too much, because I am not from Russia, and I am not neutral (Stalins attacked Poland in 1939, half of mounth after Germany. He killed many Poles-see the link:

).
    I don't know Russians opinion, and yours opinion... Someone asked, If USA is good in Civ (I think yes), so let's talk what do you think about Stalin...

I'll do the questionare.

Edition: Hmm..., how to do the questionare?
    I've got Warlords! :D:D:D...

Oh boy... Not another "'If Stalin is in Civ, Hitler should be too!' No he shouldn't, you Nazi! And while you're at it, take out Mao Zedong!" topic.
    Last edited by Prussia; August 27, 2006, 11:21.

Comment

If I'm understanding you right, you're somewhat offended that Stalin made it into Civ and you want to know how other people feel about having him represented. Is that about right?

Personally, I don't think we should deny the darker side of human civilization. I doubt very much you'll find anybody around here who actually liked Stalin, but I'd bet that many think that he (or at least others like him) should be included in Civ.

We cannot ignore or deny the past simply because we do not like it. To do that would mean that we must relearn those lessons ourselves.

I will leave you with two quotes from Confucius:

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."

"If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself."

Comment

Why not?

I think that if you dig deep enough, you'll find that all the leaders in Civ4 have done some pretty offensive things.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yeah, you're right...
          Prussia, I am not the Nacionalist, I only ask about your opinion, because there are not too much people with I can discus live.... My opinion has no matter, I am not neutral in a global point of view...
          Yes, you're right users, there are many of leaders that killed people, especially from ancient era... I don't want to start the next disscusion of type: "If Stalin is, A.H. should be too...". I ask only about opinion of Stalin in Civ... I have only 1 Russian man on buddy, byt he was not available last mounth, when I was on lobby... So, Prussia, or any Russian, or anyone, how do you like Stalin from 0 to 100?

Comment

I've said many times they added the wrong leader for Russia. Russia didn't even need a new leader, but Lenin would have been much better. I can't remember where it was said, but in respose to one of my posts someone said "Lenin=good ideas, Stalin=corruption of good ideas".

Someone asked, If USA is good in Civ (I think yes)
            Thanks, but you could just post that on my thread.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

On a scale of 0 to 100...
              As a person, -50.
              As a leader, -50.
              As a figure in civ 4, 75.

Simple enough, aye?

Comment

Yeah Prussia, simple, as the structure of flail-Polish collaquial expression...

Will9, I'll tell you that... I wrote in your's thread :P (If it was yours... I wrote in a Subject about USA Civ in Civ 4)... And I am happy of your's opinion about my thread ...

The scale was from 0 to 100, byt nice, that any Russian don't like Stalin (If you are the Russian man, Prussia...).

Comment

I think Stalin should be in Civ.

Then I think "he should not be mentioned" probably should. But I'm not heartbroken that he's not either.

They both deserve it as much as Churchill & Roosevelt.

In the end of the day it doesn't really matter - it's a game after all.
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Stalin was in Civ1, why wasn't he good enough for 2, 3 and 4?
                    CSPA

Comment

I agree with Gangerolf. And btw, I loved meeting Stalin in Civ1! Some times I even kicked his butt.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                        Stalin was in Civ1, why wasn't he good enough for 2, 3 and 4?
                        Indeed, Stalin in Civ has some nostalgia with it. And yes, kicking his butt will be fun again

Comment

Jeay, kicking Stalin can be a big fun, but when he kicks you... There's no worse thing...

I don't know any more Civilization games :P... Only 4, byt it is the best game have ever played... (Heroes III 3 years ago was great too, and Earth 2150...)...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter007_PL
                            Jeay, kicking Stalin can be a big fun, but when he kicks you... There's no worse thing...
                            What about when Ghandi spanks you?
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog

What about when Ghandi spanks you?
                              Blasphemy!

Comment

Working...
                              X