No announcement yet.

getting bored: ideas welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I tried to forget that I even saw that post and now..... Must purge images.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
      Have you tired playing the game in the nude? This might spice things up!
      But please make sure that you don't post any pictures of it
      Last edited by Adagio; September 13, 2006, 17:00.
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I do play civ4 just in my underwear (boxers). But I have no need to take them off. the game just doesn't excite me that much.

Comment

I didn't want to know before, and I still don't now.

Images... must get out of head...

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

Must........resist..........unpleasant............ .images...............
            How do you know they are unpleasant images? My SO finds it an excellent opportunity to interupt the just-one-more-turn syndrome with a a just-one-more....

Well, maybe we are sharing a bit too much here.
            If you aren't confused,
            You don't understand.

Comment

Stop. Please.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

About the difficulty level, in the early game, I get creamed on emperor, but for the mid and late game, I get bored with anything less than emperor. What I do, is play normally, and then depending on the size of the map, around 0-1000 AD, I'll go in the editor and add just a few tiles of land here and there around the coast so I can build another city or two and be able to sustain some science and $$ flow. I know its cheating, but I think its rather fair and I really enjoy the entire game this way.

PS sometimes I'll also give myself two missionaries when I found Buddhism or Hinduism just becuase I'll have no chance to spread it otherwise.
                PPS That's the extent of my cheating
                May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

About the difficulty level, in the early game, I get creamed on emperor, but for the mid and late game, I get bored with anything less than emperor. What I do, is play normally, and then depending on the size of the map, around 0-1000 AD, I'll go in the editor and add just a few tiles of land here and there around the coast so I can build another city or two and be able to sustain some science and $$ flow. I know its cheating, but I think its rather fair and I really enjoy the entire game this way.

PS sometimes I'll also give myself two missionaries when I found Buddhism or Hinduism just becuase I'll have no chance to spread it otherwise.
                  PPS That's the extent of my cheating
                  May it come that all the Radiances will be known as ones own radiances

Comment

Well you could build missionaries.

Comment

played a game in the fantasy realm today. With crazy resources.

Not sure what to say about that one. I had no copper, iron, coal, or oil. But I had plenty of incense and uranium. . I had incense up the ass. And enough uranium to build 5 million hyrdogen bombs.

My first priority was the great wall. I wasn't sure how I'd deal with barbarians with now swordsmen or axeman. I did manage to get stone (in both a forest square and a jungle square ). I had to research bronze working before I could build a quarry because of the location. I manged to get the great wall.

My next obtacle was the aztecs. Their uu doesn't require a source of iron or copper, so they attacked me. Luckily they didn't send more than 7 jaguars my way. And another lucky break was I had 2 sources of horses. Although my horse archer didn't really save the day. I had to rely on archers to successfully defend attacks from those 7 jaguars.

The map had no ocean, so the lack of oil wasn't a big deal. And I didn't get into a modern war, so no need for tanks. I could have used infantry or sam infantry if I had to. The AI's didn't have any copper, iron, or oil either I believe. I had no coal, but one of the ai's did and traded it to me.

Comment

do always war, ragging barbs

cultural linked civs and pick those that are worst to play against

pick different difficulty levels so its harder for you

hey ....how about 18 civs and you get only one city
                        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I used the hate Fantasy Realm, but now I actually quite like it. There are no oceans just lakes, and the crazy tiles keep my interest for some reason. Oases rule on this map.
                          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            played a game with always war or peace option on.

I don't understand that option. There's 3 total. Always war, always peace, and always war or peace.

I thought I'd be permanently at war with some ai's and permanently at peace with others. But I ended up permanently at peace with all of them.

kind of a boring game with no war. I was playing raging barbs (my first time). That was interesting as the ai didn't build up much military perhaps because they knew they wouldn't have to fight the other ai's or human. But the barbs raped their ass. . Maybe they always do with raging barbs. And it was my first game I managed to build the great wall. . So I didn't exactly have to deal with raging barbs.
                            The game gives you the option of whether to declare war or not when you first meet them in normal games, so common sense telleth me it's the same way here, but I could be wrong.

"Archapa-whatever: tiny islands" is great except that you can win the game on deity with a random civilization without trying, because the AI never builds ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Chicken
                              The game gives you the option of whether to declare war or not when you first meet them in normal games, so common sense telleth me it's the same way here, but I could be wrong.
                              But it's not... you only get the peace option, not the 'head on pole' option
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Well then, common sense seems to have gone by the wayside. BTW, wouldn't it be interesting if you selected who to be at war with BEFORE you met them?

Comment

Working...
                                X