No announcement yet.

Any changes to the core game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? That's good. Most of the vanilla promotions are kind of bleak.

Comment

Bleak?

Comment

bland?

Comment

That would make more sense, though I'm not sure I would agree with it.

Comment

No, bleak, but I guess bland works too.

Comment

Well the sentence doesn't make sense with bleak in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                Well the sentence doesn't make sense with bleak in it.
                Your narrow view of grammar makes me kind of bleak.
                "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by Prussia
                  Really? That's good. Most of the vanilla promotions are kind of bleak.
                  What are vanilla promotions, exactly? So far, I think all the promotions in Civ IV (don't know about the ones from Warlords yet, haven't played it) were all pretty understandable and served their purpose.
                  Frieden, Land, Brot und Demokratie.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtix

What are vanilla promotions, exactly? So far, I think all the promotions in Civ IV (don't know about the ones from Warlords yet, haven't played it) were all pretty understandable and served their purpose.

Vanilla promotions are Bleak 1, Bleak 2, and Bleak 3
                    Vanilla Cavalry units also get Bland 1, Bland 2, and Bland 3

Seriously, though. One new change I noticed in Warlords that was cool regarding promotions was that pinch (25% vs. gunpowder units) was not available until you actually learn the gunpowder tech. This means that civs that learn gunpowder earlier than other civs and build gunpowder units will enjoy a slightly greater advantage until other civs learn gunpowder. Low-tech knights and horse archers cannot use pinch without knowing how to make gunpowder in Warlords.

I have not gotten to the end game yet, so I do not know if other promotions such as the anti- armor promotion are similarly tied to the tech tree.
                    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      The new promotions are accessible through Warlords. And they're good fun!
                      So, Solver, are you still using your "custom Epic speed" with Warlords?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave

Your narrow view of grammar makes me kind of bleak.
                        Your inability to speak English makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvstin

So, Solver, are you still using your "custom Epic speed" with Warlords?
                          Yep, why? Warlords hasn't really changed anything as far as pacing goes. of course, I play all my tesitng games on regular (not custom) speeds.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Yep, why? Warlords hasn't really changed anything as far as pacing goes. of course, I play all my tesitng games on regular (not custom) speeds.
                            Well, you hit the nail on the head. I wondered if your review (now out, thanks for your honesty but I expected no less) was going to be for the game as is, or the game as you like it.

Comment

I seemed to promote more often now with warlords than vanilla Civ4

I am not attacking more than usual

and I recieved my first great general !!!

what do, what to do, what to do
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Many of the leaader traits have changed considerably,
                                to have many of the old leaders possessing one of the newly introduced traits from Warlords.

My favorite, Catherine (Russia), for example, now has Creative/Imperialistic instead of Creative/Financial like she had before.
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X