Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No messin' around, Who's the BEST leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted for Bismarck because I thought he was hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

I am well aware of the thread's title, thank you.

And why would other people vote for Catherine because I think she's hot? (And I don't, by the way. Isabella, hands down, despite her personality. Considering she seems to be an insane dominatrix, her outfit is singularly inappropriate.)

Anyways... Consider it my personal favour to you that unlike others who voted anonymously, I was candid about the reason for my vote. And you may discount it, if that turns your crank.
      The "you" wasn't refering to you.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Depends on your goal

I agree with several folks that the best leader depends upon how you plan to win, how you play and who else is on the map, too. Also, leaders come with the units of their country. I do not think Ceasar is the best but I do love the praetorians which are the best. In this case I'm picking ROME more than Caesar. Catherine is great and she comes with Cossacks.

Overall, I like the financial, industrial and creative traits the most. Philosophical is close, too if you want to win nonmilitary victory. I love creative because your borders automatically expand without even building an obelisk which can be a big advantage if the map is getting crowded early on. Has anyone noted that the AI preferentially builds TOWARD your civilization, not away or even randomly? I think this is built in in order to stake a claim to potentially disputed areas while "safe" areas away from the human are open for later. It's the same way I build in the game. So, creative is a big advantage early on.

Financial is nice because everything in the game runs on money. Need I say more?

Industrial lets you build the wonders faster although you still need the stone and marble to make it really effective. Wonders equal more great leaders and can catch you up on the tech tree, give you a golden age or give you those wonderful engineers to instantly complete your next wonder (my fav task).

For the same reason, philosophical can be powerful, too. Great leaders essentially give you instant advances which can be lifesavers at times.

Comment

• Re: Depends on your goal

Originally posted by Magnus60
          Has anyone noted that the AI preferentially builds TOWARD your civilization, not away or even randomly? I think this is built in in order to stake a claim to potentially disputed areas while "safe" areas away from the human are open for later. It's the same way I build in the game.
          Ever watched the replay after the game was over? The AI does not build exclusively toward you. I can think of a few games where I was hoping an opponent would set up going the other way long enough for me to get that juicy spot between us, and won the race because he did.

Comment

• I'm not saying they always build toward you, but I think it is a preference. If there is a better location close to their capital they may take it, but I've watched the replays many times and by the third city I've seen them build consistenly toward my even if it is aways from their capital. I cannot prove it, but it seems that there is a slight preference to gobble up territory in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
              I voted for Bismarck because I thought he was hot.
              Damn, I voted for Caesar.

Comment

• Didnt they changed Catherine to Creative, Imperialistic? Still, i think shes the best. Imp seems really usefull and creative is my favourite trait. But i voted for tokugawa, because gunpownder units starting with 3 promotions is my wet dream

edit: ooops, i didnt noticed this poll wasnt about the xpac, so i wasted my vote . Creative, Financial and cossacks are the best.

Comment

• I vote for Washington. He may not get the industrial bonus that Roosevelt gets (half-price forge), but he gets LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!!!! And with that much money, I can afford LOTS AND LOTS OF SEALs! And Battleships! And Carriers! And a huge airforce!

I love bein' rich.
                  I don't know what I've been told!
                  Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                  Love to press the Buster Switch!
                  Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

• Washington kicks ass, but then again all financial people do.

Imagine having a town on top of grassland with financial. Yay.

Comment

• And the Organized thing works well too.
                      I don't know what I've been told!
                      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                      Love to press the Buster Switch!
                      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

• If I'm ever a world leader, my first act will be to make corruption illegal.

Comment

• If corruption were legal, it wouldn't be corruption.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Prussia

...illegal.

Comment

• Prus, you don't get the point. It is illegal already silly.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prussia

Comment

Working...
                                X