Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Get Great Generals Revealed? Plus more info on Vassal States!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: How to Get Great Generals Revealed? Plus more info on Vassal States!

This seems to set up "Colonization" scenarios more easily. For example, America starting with a handful of cities as a "vassal state" of England.

Comment

Re: Re: How to Get Great Generals Revealed? Plus more info on Vassal States!

Originally posted by patcon

I hope the word "share" is being misinterpreted by the people who posted in response to this. In order to be a true vassal-master relationship the "sharing" should be a one-way street. In this context "sharing" with a vassal state should mean, "What's mine is mine; what's yours is mine, except for possibly a small portion which I decide to let you keep just to keep you from squirming too much and possibly slipping out from under my thumb.
      It will probably be very similiar to the Permanent Alliance code they already have in the game, but with a timed duration instead of being permanent.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How to Get Great Generals Revealed? Plus more info on Vassal States!

Originally posted by Common Sensei
        This seems to set up "Colonization" scenarios more easily. For example, America starting with a handful of cities as a "vassal state" of England.
        That sounds great. Other than that, I really hope that patcon is right.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Get Great Generals Revealed? Plus more info on Vassal States!

Originally posted by Nikolai
          I really hope that patcon is right.
          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

This is going to be an interesting Xpack.

And is it just me or is this a record for the release of an xpack so soon after a main Civ release?????
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I was surprised of the speed myself.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm not... most gaming companies have it in their business plans to make expansions immediately or even during the time the original game is released, so they can capitalize on the popularity of the game immediately. They were probably working out ideas for the expansion last fall.

Comment

I guess Firaxis is Expansive and Financial...
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Imperialist/Financial
                    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

I like pie

Comment

Have we resolved whether or not humans can become vassals of an AI? It would seem this would be the way to go on Deity games where you can't cause major world wars (like continents). Instead you whore yourself out to the biggest baddest civ on your continent, use their sweet tech upgrades to improve your stuff, then make a ton of units and attack someone.

Probably lots of strategy about attacking an opponent of the motherland (french and indian war) or the motherland itself (revolutionary war)

This leads to the question, will there be taxation without representation? Laying the smack down on a stupid vassal country economically might be good times.
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                          Instead you whore yourself out to the biggest baddest civ on your continent,

Oi vey, I like the idea of becoming a whore.

Comment

I'm still curious as to whether being an AI's vassal will also gain you diplo points.

"+4 You were our bizatch! "
                            Last edited by axisworks; June 1, 2006, 13:53.

Comment

or the penalty afterwards

-6 You Refused to be our Biznatch!
                              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                              X