Expansion for warmongers only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncnunn
    Vassel state is something that the pragmatic builders might appreciate as well.
    Indeed. I am not interested in having to fight every single city. I just want them surrender so I can concentrate again on inventions, building and getting rich...

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be

Indeed. I am not interested in having to fight every single city.
      "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
      Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave
        There are also the new unique buildings for each civ. That is something that should appeal to builders.
        I have thought this have been this way all along
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          Wow, it'll help me very much if I can be protected against barbarians in the early game! Finally no problems anymore with pillaging barbarians wandering through my territory all the time.
          I am not sure about that. If you can build a couple dozen units at that cost the Great Wall is quite useless.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be

Indeed. I am not interested in having to fight every single city. I just want them surrender so I can concentrate again on inventions, building and getting rich...
            Yes... sending expeditions to seize those worthless size 2 ice cap cities is no fun. The war is lost, just surrender and obey
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

The war is lost, just surrender and obey
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                The war is lost, just surrender and obey
                My feeling exactly

Comment

More value to walls and castles
                  I believe that they are useless as they are
                  and an improved version of them is needed
                  for the expansion...
                  no more turns...

Comment

Originally posted by fani
                    More value to walls and castles
                    I believe that they are useless as they are
                    and an improved version of them is needed
                    for the expansion...
                    I may like to see this...
                    Check out my Blog!

Comment

Walls and castles are for hippies
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Castles stats are fine as they are, they just are not available early enough to be useful. By the time you can build them with Engineering, Gunpowder is right around the corner. If they became available with Construction, I would probably build more of them. Currently, the rare time I do build a castle, it is more for the culture than the defensive bonus.

Walls are only useful for outlying new cities with low culture. I think that the walls have no additional benefit if your city already has 50% or more culture. Please let me know with the usual pitchforks and torches if I am wrong about this.
                        "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          Walls and castles are for hippies
                          You can stash a lot of weed in the nooks and crannies. Also castles are good places to park your paisley VW vans
                          "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by MasterDave
                            Castles stats are fine as they are, they just are not available early enough to be useful. By the time you can build them with Engineering, Gunpowder is right around the corner. If they became available with Construction, I would probably build more of them. Currently, the rare time I do build a castle, it is more for the culture than the defensive bonus.

Walls are only useful for outlying new cities with low culture. I think that the walls have no additional benefit if your city already has 50% or more culture. Please let me know with the usual pitchforks and torches if I am wrong about this.
                            No I agree, ok boyz lets go home cant take him down this time
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think walls and castles should be particularly good for archery units defending. And they should be bad for mounted units at the same time.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                hippies
                                Again with the hippies?!
                                Check out my Blog!

Comment

Working...
                                X