No announcement yet.

Editor Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry for not including a bannana option in my poll, but I want to keep it serious. So shiva can go sit on a rake. :P. And thank you, its good to be back, I haven't posted since I had trouble adding units in Civ 3. Which reminds me, i need to make a post on that for civ 4...

Comment

Remember that time gradea and Willem had senses of humour? Oh I don't!

Too much hating in this thread, I'm going to check some others out now.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by gradea
        I'm sorry for not including a bannana option in my poll, but I want to keep it serious
        That's your first mistake right there... we don't take any poll serious, if it doesn't include the banana option
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

When will people learn, you can't create an editor for python and the SDK.
          I wasn't necessarily asking for that, but I do remember from Civ3 that any novice could add a new government type/unit provided they had the graphics for it. Thats more what I was asking for.

Sure you could create a GUI for the XML, but Civ4 modding would lose most of it's power. Better to use something like XmlSpy.
          Well just because an interface would be provided doesn't mean you'd have to use it. You could still leave in the option for those hard-core modders. I don't see why that would be hard to do.
          As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
          atrocities.
          - Voltaire

Comment

The only beef I have against the Worldbuilder is that you can't assign experience/promotions/etc to groups of units. You have to click through each one... one... by one... forever. That, and if there are units from different nations on one tile, you can't tell who's is who's by clicking on them.

Comment

He knows I'm kidding. And even a simple java program could be used to create a unit, it would simply ask a series of questions, and each answer would be pluged to a value, which would be inserted into a template thats created when its run. Yes, I am a programer. I simply think theres no reason for programing knowledge to be requisit for adding a unit to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Too much hating in this thread, I'm going to check some others out now.
                Who's hating, I meant that with sincere affection. You've managed to come out with some good ones. It's entertaining to have some comic relief on these forums from time to time. Too many people take this game way too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X