Editor Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor Blues

I'm sorry that my first post is a bit negitive, but I think it bares mentioning. Civ 3 had a powerful yet easy to use editor. I could add or remove units, technologies, and make other sweeping changes. While I understand the game can still be modded, it used to be so easy. A GUI instead of having to edit files.

Am I alone in this (Or just missing something)? Who else thinks this game could use the editor from 3?

By the way, I know about the World Builder thing in game.
    Give it something similar to Civ 3!
    44.44%
    Leave it as is!
    33.33%
    Neither, both this editor and the previous one weren't good enough, give it a new kind!
    22.22%

They are both good enough for me.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

i love the world builder but what bothers me is that it can't be used outside the game as well as in. Also I agree that it would be great if the SDK/XML/PYTHON could be formatted into some basic GUI so that we could all put out some mods.
      As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
      atrocities.
      - Voltaire

Comment

Civ IV is definitely more moddable than III, but I still think that an easy to use editor (with a simple but intuitive UI) would make it easier for us to mod Civ IV.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

let those with talent decide

I just dont have the time to tinker
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
            Civ IV is definitely more moddable than III, but I still think that an easy to use editor (with a simple but intuitive UI) would make it easier for us to mod Civ IV.
            Here here!

Comment

This poll is invalid
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                This poll is invalid
                I think you just like to use these!

Comment

This poll is invalid
                  You man, is a true banana lover.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by armlessknight
                    I think you just like to use these!
                    So what if I do?

Last edited by LordShiva; May 1, 2006, 12:11.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Personally I don't care about editors, as I prefer to play random map. For a game like Civilization, the only non-random map I would play is Earth Map

This poll is invalid
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I never played CIV3 save one sole game.
                        I like CIV4 as it is, and will probably never alter it.
                        The third option is thus not for me either.

This poll IS therefore invalid.

Since gradea is a newcomer I will however refrain from this and use a simple

..and welcome back to the forum gradea

For your information there is custom around here to always include a "banana-option" of some sort in the polls. Read some of the other Polls and you will see what we refer to.

If you haven't lurked much since oct-04 you should also know that LordShiva (or KingShiva with his new status) always does this kind of things. Don't pay too much attention to it, just a sign he loves you...

- Cal
                        "He [Caligula] has no more chance of becoming Emperor than of riding a horse across the Gulf of Baiae" - contemporary astrologer

Comment

This poll is invalid
                          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                          Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Caligula 37 AD
                            Don't pay too much attention to it, just a sign he loves you...
                            No, it's a sign that he's a smart a** who's nearly incapable of taking anything seriously on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
                              i love the world builder but what bothers me is that it can't be used outside the game as well as in. Also I agree that it would be great if the SDK/XML/PYTHON could be formatted into some basic GUI so that we could all put out some mods.
                              But there is a universal editor for all three........ Notepad!

When will people learn, you can't create an editor for python and the SDK.

Sure you could create a GUI for the XML, but Civ4 modding would lose most of it's power. Better to use something like XmlSpy.

Dale

Comment

Working...
                              X