Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fix this already

Who do I shout at to get this fixed?

I and like alot of other Civ players DONT LIKE to see scores of other civs, its cheating and removes the illusion of not knowing your enemys strength/weakness. Just seeing that you have twice the score as them is rewarding. I dont want to know that i will crsuh them on attacking or that I am underperfoming etc etc/

So I remove it from the game view when playing a new game. However EVERY time i restart a game from saving its their again! Why carn it remember my setting of hidden?!

I dont want to see it EVER!!!

PERIOD!
    Last edited by KingSpartanPete; April 23, 2006, 15:30.

Ever heard of espionage?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

care to explain?!

Comment

Shouting and rudeness never helped any case.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I and like alot of other Civ players DONT LIKE to see scores of other civs, its cheating and removes the illusion of not knowing your enemys strength/weakness. Just seeing that you have twice the score as them is rewarding. I dont want to know that i will crsuh them on attacking or that I am underperfoming etc etc/

Those scores are just basic realism, there's nothing wrong with that.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I'm reasonably certain the USA is more powerful than Canada, and I am sure the USA knows that, too...

I'm sure the UK government know where they stack up against France and Germany, too...

Comment

What do you mean? the scores are differnt in every game? Its more of a personal performance measure vs the AI?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                Shouting and rudeness never helped any case.
                Im sooooo sorry your royal highness, here is me thinking this was a forum on the internet to talk about a computer game. When its really your high court room to have lower case discussions. And at the time I was not rude,just emotional, so get over yourself tool.

Now i am been rude by the way, just so we are clear.

Comment

Basculy guys its a game, we know the US are better than alot of other Civs, but what the point of playing if we know everything all the time? Do you want the game to tell you after 5 moves who will win? NO YOU DONT! so lose the scores as they are a mini giveaway.

If you use them your cheating yourselve i think, and a weaker player to boot.

Your playing a GAME, not a spreadsheet.

Comment

Calm down. There is no need to be so angry. This is a game we're discussing. Most people seems to be content with the way the game shows the score(btw, have you played any of the older Civs? It's a similar scoring system there too). If it's so important, I suggest you mod it out or get help for it over at the modding forum. But I reccommend you to take a dee breath first, noone will want to help anyone acting like you do.

This is a forum, and as a participant of this forum you're expected to behave. Just a friendly reminder, you're new to this forum I see, so that might be an excuse. But if you want to continue being here, a good idea is to behave so that others like you.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpartanPete
                      What do you mean? the scores are differnt in every game? Its more of a personal performance measure vs the AI?
                      The countries of the world have a fair idea of their relative strength, power, importance, whatever. In Civ terms, that translates to knowing their scores relative to each other.
                      Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpartanPete
                        Im sooooo sorry your royal highness, here is me thinking this was a forum on the internet to talk about a computer game. When its really your high court room to have lower case discussions. And at the time I was not rude,just emotional, so get over yourself tool.

Now i am been rude by the way, just so we are clear.
                        So it's okay to be rude on an internet forum? Sorry, doesn't work that way, not on this forum anyway.

This might not be the courtroom of Nikolai, but this is effectively the 'courtroom' of the owners of this site, and if you can't play by their rules you can go play somewhere else. You make a valid point but if you can't make it in a civilised manner we don't need to hear it.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                          "doesn't work that way, not on this forum anyway."

This is why I enjoy (most lurking on) this forum, civilised debate, even when the debate takes a turn towards nonsense!
                          Civfanatics though...

Re the OP, I enjoy seeing the scores. I get positive feedback as my score increases past some of the lower A.I.scores, while figure I need to reconsider my approach if my score slides down the ranks.

I note you say "alot of other Civ players DONT LIKE to see scores of other civs". I wasnt aware that such a view is widely held. That view certainly is not frequently raised here.

If I had to pick some change that I would like to have along these lines, I think it might be interesting to play with only the strongest unit being displayed in the AI cities, rather than see the complete force in the city, as in previous Civs. It would add suspense to attacking a city and may give Spys a more meaningful role.

Comment

What I found amusing, was that I could see what a rival worker was doing, and how long it takes...

Why do I need to know that?
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by JimMac
                              If I had to pick some change that I would like to have along these lines, I think it might be interesting to play with only the strongest unit being displayed in the AI cities, rather than see the complete force in the city, as in previous Civs. It would add suspense to attacking a city and may give Spys a more meaningful role.
                              How about you see the strongest unit being displayed, and you get a COUNT of COMBAT units in the city.

Of course, the "strongest unit" is going to vary with what unit type you have selected (horse/melee/gunpowder, etc), so it wouldn't be that great a change, and may only lead to manipulation so you get most info.

If you want to be less manipulative of your forces vs. the AI, try letting the computer select promotions for you -- excruciating fun, less deterministic!

Comment

Working...
                              X