No announcement yet.

1.61Patch out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can train your mech infantry with 10xp, then they can take the amphib promotion when they've gained Combat II. Naturally you don't need as much xp if they get a free Combat I promotion.
    O'Neill: I'm telling you Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it.

Lose it. It means, Go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WACKO!

Comment

• True, but I still don't see it as an improvement over the SEALs.

sparky

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that cities frequently don't ask for or automatically start new production? It just goes to zero!!!(???) I'll be merrily rolling along and then realize that some city hasn't produced anything lately. When I look at the map, the production bar for the city is empty!! The domestic advisor screen shows it as producing (0)... Of course, I could look at the domestic advisor after each turn (right! )

I'm getting awfully frustrated with this problem. It crops up everywhere

There seem to be a lot of problems with this latest patch. I guess it truly is a "bug" patch... it's got the most bugs I've seen since I purchased CivIV!

Comment

• I have not had this problem at all. It asks me everytime for new production orders. Sorry

sparky

Comment

• I have had this happen very rarely, when the change production window opens, then I go into the city view. From there you can go to the advisor screens and I think that I somehow exit the city screen without assigning anything, maybe clicking the arrow to move to the next city view. Haven't experimented with how it happens cos like I said it's only happened maybe two or three times since getting the game on release day.

Comment

• Not had this problem at all. It's not the patch. Check your options settings in case a box there is ticked that should not be. Check that the city governors have not been switched on to manage production.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• From my standpoint, the few times I have had it happen was well before the patch.

Comment

• Well, I've found that if I use any "optional" graphics settings, that's when the problem occurs. I had my settings for single unit display, show health bars, show moves, and a few others. When I reset to default, the problem seemed to go away(???!!!)

I generally play custom games. I like to pick and choose, who, what, when, where, how many, etc. I'm the same about my graphics. I don't like 3 archers depicted for one unit. I like to see how many turns there are before a unit completes. And some other non-standard things. But since I got the patch, I cannot do this anymore. I have to keep everything default or live with the consequences.

I've also started getting memory errors (never had any in the past), and it tells me to reduce my graphics... Well, even when everything is set to low and all the animations are turned off, I still get the memory failures. I'd like to back out the patch, but I'm not sure how. Reinstall from the original, I guess.

Comment

• DLing patch now but whats pitboss and STK?

Comment

• Pitboss is a method of online play. Similar to PBEM, but think of it as a cross between PBEM and online games. It's good. You don't need to download Pitboss to play, though, only to host such games.

The SDK is for modders, it's the source code of the DLL. Nothing you need .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• whoa thanks buddy. Ive been playing with my trailer park connection all day. What fun.

Comment

• Don't forget to check the Civ4 Multiplayer forum, I think you may be interested in some of the stuff there.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by dsilvia
                            There seem to be a lot of problems with this latest patch. I guess it truly is a "bug" patch... it's got the most bugs I've seen since I purchased CivIV!
                            Not sure I've been getting my notices that this thread is still going. I'm down on page 5 or something raving about the wonders of the patch. But...still a lot of trouble on big maps after the whole map is revealed. Slowdowns and shutdowns, sometimes for a half-hour at a time; and my monitor is cutting out to black, coincident with me downloading the patch (and/or playing heavy amounts of the game in the last nine months.) Dell says its a software problem, out of warranty; I'm wondering if it is a software interface problem, interfacing with some definitely non-essential new software.

This is with a three-gig processor and 128 mb of RAM and a three-year-old ATI video card. Had some messy arguments with old-timers, possibly beta-testers for this game, on other threads about it and I'm sick of that. Everything else; multi-media, office programs, Internet; all runs fine with the hardware I've got. I'm not upgrading just for one game, especially when the published requirements indicate I shouldn't have to.

It doesn't seem to me, DSilvia, that this is a "buggy" patch; just a "buggy" game that they can't fix. On the other hand, I said H-ll or High Water over the weekend and played a very enjoyable game. (Now I must clean the cache, restore background programs and run an error correction program; worth it, I guess, if you play 18 hours straight. They didn't require my services elsewhere this year on America's premier holiday weekend.) What's a fellow to do?
                            You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                              Pitboss is a method of online play. Similar to PBEM, but think of it as a cross between PBEM and online games. It's good. You don't need to download Pitboss to play, though, only to host such games.
                              Is there ever going to be a dedicated server for pitboss? Would such a system be possible?

Comment

• a three-year-old ATI video card...

thar be your issue...

likely lacks the shaders/etc that this game (and pretty much every new product requiring graphics) uses...

Comment

Working...
                                X