No announcement yet.

1.61Patch out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if if has been reported here before, but it appears that rush-build costs have at least doubled. It now costs, for example, 12 gold per resourse shield to rush the Space Elevator. Imagine having only 225 out of 3000 shields to go and still having to pay 3000 gold to rush the Elevator. I don't recall anything like this under v. 1.52.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I've noticed on the civ 4 page that the 1.61 patch is supposed to be for every version of Civ 4 EXCEPT the Direct2Drive version of the game, which I have.

Does this mean there's no way for me to patch my game?

Comment

• I can't find the fantasy_realm map script. It's on the patch notes but it's nowhere to be found in-game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shamsael
          I can't find the fantasy_realm map script. It's on the patch notes but it's nowhere to be found in-game.
          It's in the Custom game setup.

Comment

• After installing patch 1.61, i dont get any text for the main menus. What's the problem, any idea. Am i missing to install anything else apart from 1.61 patch.

Comment

• No Text in Main Menu

There is no Text in the Main Menu after installing 1.61 patch. Is there anything else ive to install after 1.61 patch or issue with 1.61 itself.

Updated:

I uninstalled fully and installed it again. Its working fine now without the above issue.
              Last edited by jinishans; May 25, 2006, 10:13.

Comment

• That is not an issue of the patch. Try reinstalling the game.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I have a quick question. I've been a Civ fan for a while (Civ I) and I would like to say this is by far the best version (Civ II being the second best). anyway, with the 1.61 patch game the ability for Marines and SEALs to upgrade to Mech INF. So, when you get Mech IBF, you can no longer build Marines and SEALs. So, there goes your amphib units (Mech INF ddoes not come with amphib). Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed it while I was playing as America. At the time, I did not need to conduct anymore amphib operations so it didn't bother me too much, but I held onto my 18 SEALs like they were gold since I could not build them anymore.

What are some thoughts on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkyal
                    I have a quick question. I've been a Civ fan for a while (Civ I) and I would like to say this is by far the best version (Civ II being the second best). anyway, with the 1.61 patch game the ability for Marines and SEALs to upgrade to Mech INF. So, when you get Mech IBF, you can no longer build Marines and SEALs. So, there goes your amphib units (Mech INF ddoes not come with amphib). Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed it while I was playing as America. At the time, I did not need to conduct anymore amphib operations so it didn't bother me too much, but I held onto my 18 SEALs like they were gold since I could not build them anymore.

What are some thoughts on this?
                    I posted on this a few posts back. The penalty for attacking without the amphibious promotion is 25%. A mech inf is strength 32 so deduct 25% and you get strength 24 - which is what marines and SEALS are. So there is no real loss, you just use mechs in place of marines.

Actually there is a major gain because you can promote your marines/SEALS to mech inf and they keep the amphibious promotion - so you can then make amphibious attacks with a strength 32 unit.
                    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV
                      I posted on this a few posts back. The penalty for attacking without the amphibious promotion is 25%. A mech inf is strength 32 so deduct 25% and you get strength 24 - which is what marines and SEALS are. So there is no real loss, you just use mechs in place of marines.
                      Is that a 1.61 thing? My understanding was you needed marines to attack from the sea.

Comment

• It has always been that way - you can attack from the sea with any unit, but unless the unit has the Amphibious promotion, you get a hefty penalty.

However, IIRC, 25% is only for crossing rivers, and for attacking from a ship it's a 50% penalty.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                          It has always been that way - you can attack from the sea with any unit...
                          I have a problem with that. I distinctly remember trying to attack one of those silly one tile island cities the AI likes to setup when you've beaten the crap out of it everywhere else and I absolutely could not get any unit to attack the city from transports except marines. I never used to build marines at all until then, when I read in the civlopedia I needed marines to atack from the sea.

Comment

• A couple of games ago, I attacked from the sea with non marine units, and they were fresh units without promotions.

And I won too....
                            Last edited by Smellycowsquid; May 16, 2006, 21:13.
                            "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
                            Check out my Blog!

Comment

• Realistically, you need Marines to attack cities from ships. With the defensive bonuses that cities have, attacking with an additional 50% penalty is usually suicide.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• So, at a -50% my mech inf attack at a 16, not 24. So, i think I'd rather have my SEALs/Marines.

I know when I upgrade them they get to keep their amhpib abilities, but for the SEALs they loose their other abilities.

Also, I've attacked sities using tanks right off the transports, so that shouldn't be a problem. (I did it because they could cause collateral damage). If it is stillk happening, try reinstalling the patch?

another question is, do you guys think this was an oversight or was it done on purpose? who would be a good person to ask this to?

sparky

Comment

Working...
                                X