No announcement yet.

1.61Patch out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex: I tried and it works.Both on a save of turn 1 and middle game. Even got a red face in representation.
    Best regards,

Comment

So if Fractal is the old Continents script, what exactly are the other new map scripts?
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Never mind, I just found out the answer I was truly looking for--

Shuffle is exactly, 100% the map script I've been agitating for ever since Civ4 hit the retailers! Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Alex: I was able to load 152 saves in 161 and the intermediate versions, so it should work alright.

In the worst case, you'll just have to reinstall, but saves are compatible, so the chance of it working right is 99%.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How does anyone feel about the "Show city radius when settler selected?

I like it! I used to HATE counting out those dang squares to keep overlap down (I'm hopeessly locked into putting cities in the optimum coverage positions).

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              (and Sir Ralph *might* be happy... brings a tear to my eye )
              I never was unhappy with Civ4. That I didn't play it for long, has other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
                Question: I’ve made tweaks to the XML files (map size, Barb units, etc.) but saved the original files and placed them somewhere else for safe keeping. Do I need to swap the original files back in before downloading the patch, or will the patch replace them with new files saving me the work?
                In lieu of a response I went home and just tried it. The answer is “yes I needed to swap out the files”. On my first attempt to load the game after not changing them, I ran into all manner of error message. It was easiest to just re-install the game, the patch, and make the changes anew.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

One more post-patch thought:

'Require complete kills' = fun!

All I need is some Civ II-style partisans back and I'll be the happiest boy in the world.

Comment

Civ2-style Partisans are easy to mod in. IIRC, they were just units appearing after city capture in a quantity dependent on the city size?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• If anybody wanted to walk me by the hand through Python modding some partisans into the game, I'd could die happy.

Comment

• Yes,Solver. That is/was partisans.But they only were possible late in the game.
                        Best regards

Comment

• OK, I have installed the MSVC 2003 stuff, Platform SDK, .NET libs, etc. plus CodeBlocks, made the compiler & linker dir and option changes, saved the project file and ran a build. Substituting my DLL for the 1.61 DLL, first thing I notice is that the intro graphics and movie are even choppier than they were with the 1.61 release version.

So, what can we do in building the DLL to fix the choppiness of the movies? I noticed a linker switch, "/debug", does this need to be deleted? I also notice that the build DLL is about 1 MB bigger than the released patch version. How did they do that?

TIA for any help you can provide.

smacfan

Comment

• smacfan, you probably built a "debug" release. Be sure to build the "final release". It should be exactly the same size as Firaxis' original (except if you modded something).

You don't really need the debug releases for debugging:
                            Logical errors / event checking can be done by writing to one of the lgos.
                            Crash-bug checking can be done by saving a normal dump file after the crash and loading it in VS. (I was amazed at the amount of info you can get out of it).
                            no sig

Comment

• it's also a more expensive tech to research. Double the number of beakers i think. That's pretty significant.

Comment

• Great job!
                                If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X