Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethiopia was the only African nation to remain independent throughout the Colonial era and King Lalibela was a leader of note. I'd say they're a perfect candidate for an expansion pack.

While it doesn't really add much, it'd be nice to see some more leaders for existing civilisations. Pachacuti was one of the greatest Inca leaders, and Ahuizotl expanded the Aztec Empire to the Guatemalan border.

While we're at it why not include three leaders for certain civs like Russia and India? Tipu Sultan would make a great Indian leader (He was not only a lover of the arts, but he always defeated the British provided they fought alone) and Russia needs Lenin. Edward I could make England more aggressive and it seems odd that Egypt has only one leader.

Anyway, I'm getting carried away so I'll stop. I suppose it would help if I had played the game before.
    GLYNDWR

Comment

If India gets a third leader, I'd take Akbar, Chandragupta, even Nehru over Tipu. Then again, I'd take them over Gandhi, too...
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I want my old artillery and navel bombardment back!

The whole act of using catapults as steamrollers was amusing for the first couple of games, but I want the old ability to bombard units and improvments again.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldrin
          I want my old artillery and navel bombardment back!

The whole act of using catapults as steamrollers was amusing for the first couple of games, but I want the old ability to bombard units and improvments again.

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

I was pretty excited about the new artillery feature, but it sucks. At least in modern times. When you´ve got strategic bombers and battleships why use the slow cumbersome artillery?
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: Re: The Inevitable Expansion Pack

Originally posted by JackRudd

My copy of Civ 2 tells me you're wrong. The Carthaginians, Zulus and Egyptians were all based in Africa.
              Well I think he meant sub-Saharan "black" Africans, of which Civ games until now have had only one at a time.
              Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Well, now that the expansion has been officially announced, all we can do is cross our fingers and wait!
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I was just hoping for new civs, but new leaders too! This is awesome!
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                    I was just hoping for new civs, but new leaders too! This is awesome!
                    Let's just hope they have new traits to go with them as well.

Comment

Don't talk new civs and new leaders.
                      Talk new concepts
                      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                        Don't talk new civs and new leaders.
                        Talk new concepts
                        Well there's going to be one new concept for sure: Vassal States.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey thats my post...

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Well there's going to be one new concept for sure: Vassal States.
                            That's good!
                            Talk more about new concepts, and new concepts will pop up like they'll never stop popping up

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht
                              Hey thats my post...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...77#post4332677
                              Yes it is, I had to calm CyberShy down.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Yes it is, I had to calm CyberShy down.
                                Don't calm me down, join me

Comment

Working...
                                X