I hate Monty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill3000

There's a grand total of three forest tiles there, and the archers can't go over there because there is a mountain in the way.
    The diagonal SW of the mountain is open.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by leclaire
      Being interactive with AI is the key to befriend them. An annoyed civ will attack you enventually, a pleased one wont.

Emperor
      That's just plain wrong.

I have had civs (Napoleon for one, Catherine for another) with a "pleased" rating with NO negatives declare war on me. They beeline for cities with resources, so it's a pure greed situation. These guys share religions, and often enemies with you...

Comment

Originally posted by ulyanov

That's just plain wrong.

I have had civs (Napoleon for one, Catherine for another) with a "pleased" rating with NO negatives declare war on me. They beeline for cities with resources, so it's a pure greed situation. These guys share religions, and often enemies with you...
        scary how human the computer can act when it tries, eh?
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo

scary how human the computer can act when it tries, eh?
          damn right. You think your neighbour is your mate, but there's that little thing you don't know about him - he's a lying theiving cheat.

Bang, you're at war with no notice and all your frontline troops are at the front line - the *other* front line...

I hate it, it drives me insane that I didn't even get a demand first.

Then I remember the games where I have attacked a friend for nothing but greed. Then I realise why the game does this to the human.

Comment

I would not call him "Monty" to his face. I think Mr. Zuma is to be preferred. After all, "Monty" was a cultured Field Marshall (on the good guys' side in WW II).

Comment

Eh . . .

They are all sneaky bastards. Mr. Zuma just is not afraid to let you know it.

You will do well to remember this fact.
              Early to rise, Early to bed.
              Makes you healthy and socially dead.

Comment

And don't forget that pretty little Cate will slit your throat if you give her half a chance, even when she says she is pleased with you. Yeah, she is pleased that you have such a crappy little army!

Comment

Peter and Louis were working my last nerve last night. I was on a terra map with washington and osaka on one side, and peter, louis, and ghengis on the other. Peter and Louis were constantly declaring war on me and trashing my tile improvements, forcing me to produce military instead of infrastructure, and washington and asoka wouldn't lift a finger to help me, despite having HGE positive relationship bonuses.. With me as their buffer state, they went on to become economic and technological powerhouses.

I finally got sick of it, and produced enough catapults and war elephants to burn Louis and peter to the ground. Razed every damned city they had. Then I took my revenge on the two peaceniks that watched and laughed while I was under siege.

Revenge is a dish best served with a side of flying boulders.
                  Last edited by gilfan; February 23, 2006, 20:14.
                  If you're not a rebel at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a rebel at 30 you have no brain.

Comment

Working...
                  X