Lessons we've learned by playing Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more land = more resources = fewer barbarians

you can bet the the only one of the critical resource is in enenmy territorty

rocks are rarer than just abut anything else

Never neglect any part of your empire cos that where th AI will kick ya in the nuts.

Stand on hills when defending with aything, never attavk things standing on forrseted hills

napoleon hates everthing not french and that means you .. unlees you are him.

use aircraft often as spies

Comment

animals have standard bearers ... and standards
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Christianity was founded in 800 BC , by a Buddhist Great Prophet
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Forgot one:
          Defence is often the best offence.
          Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
          Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

I've also learned that only few wars occured before 1AD
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Playing civ until 4 am really impairs my rational thinking skill at 9 am in the morning, and makes me wish for a quiet dark napping room at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin the Dane
                Forgot one:
                Defence is often the best offence.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

A large navy can be key: if they can’t leave their shores, they certainly can’t land forces on yours.
                  "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Religion is not just the opiate for the masses, it is also the cash cow and spy network for the government.

I like this thread! I hadn't realized how much I have learned about "Real Life" through the distorted mirror that is Civ4.

Liberalism is something you have to learn. Conservatism must be something we know instictively.

Money can buy you culture. Culture doesn't get you any money.

Everyone in the world, even those who act "friendly", are actually plotting against me all they can. (Then again, I already knew that.)

Clams make you healthy. (That one, I didn't know.)
                    If you aren't confused,
                    You don't understand.

Comment

The more gold and gems you have the happier you are.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

In a fight... if one of your buddies kills two of the three soldiers facing you the last one is likely to kill you and both your buddies.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                          Go with your civ's abilities, not on your preferred playstyle.
                          Choose a civ that suits your preferred style.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Don't believe the minimum spec suggested to run the game.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                                Choose a civ that suits your preferred style.
                                Don't get blocked in your (game)ways.
                                He who knows others is wise.
                                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X