rant: Grr I am so damn impatient!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byrath:

tend to pull away from the pack. Not so far ahead that I wind up with tanks vs. riflemen, but enough that by 1900, a space race win is more or less a foregone conclusion.
    i am still to reach renaissaince in a prince game but i've repeatedly heard such things. so if space race is that easy what is the most competitive settings in these difficulty levels? i mean is space race a bore in all other diff levels? what settings provide the most interesting games for you?

Comment

I'm a big fan of disabling space race because I think it's silly, (Neil Armstrong, World Conqueror! ) but I said that on another thread and offended somebody, so never mind!

I do get ahead and often about Renaissance like some others, but some days, I just need to win; big and bad . But upping the difficulty is certainly a sensible solution if you're bored. They've gone to great pains this time to give you serious escalations in difficulty. If Deity isn't enough for you, play it OCC on a small map with raging barbs and.. Napoleon, or Genghiz.

Uhnn, if anybody reads down this far, how do you get those old, unwanted games out of your directory, since Firaxis didn't give us an "EZ button" (American TV commercial, inside joke for Yanks, ) for that?
      You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

Originally posted by Generaldoktor
        I'm a big fan of disabling space race because I think it's silly, (Neil Armstrong, World Conqueror! ) but I said that on another thread and offended somebody, so never mind!

But seriously, how did it offend them? Were they Russian?
        "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
        Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Working...
        X