Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rant: Grr I am so damn impatient!

hey guys,

help me out here. i bought this game a month ago and since then have only completed ONE game. Just ONE game, wow! My problem is I start but don't finish game. Might actually have some to do with difficulty level jumping I guess. As I got better I got bored of older games and now I'm playing at Prince level. But when I play I kind of feel like well I can always start a better game or I'm being too serious in this game and no its not fun so lets start another more relaxed game and then stop and start a new game. My save games folder has 26 save games damn! I don't know if this is common or if most of you when you start a game finish it completely, persisiting only in that game for the time. I think I am impatient or something. I really am trying to FOCUS on games and i think playing seriously in a game from top to bottom (or start to finish) is the better option. I know I don't make much sense and my english kind of sucks but hope you get what i'm talking about.

Well you're not alone, I start far more games than I actually finish. I keep looking for that good start, or something goes badly for me and I'll scrap it and start another. Plus I'm still working on my tactics so quite often I'll do things that go horribly wrong and I'll start over to try things differently.

And of course I was just playing a game the last couple of days where everything was going well, and my computer decided it didn't like Large maps. I just can't win.

Comment

I am terrible about not finishing my games too.
      If more than a couple days pass between sessions, I will start a new game because it is too much work to re-familiarize myself with everything that was going on in the game.
      If I get too far ahead of my opponents in tech, I will often restart.
      If I get bogged down in a war, I will often restart.
      If I am just not inspired by the map for whatever reason, I will restart.
      I often quit playing a game somewhere in the industrial age, due to boredom.
      I wish I could break this bad habit.

Comment

Play smaller maps and start in the medieval era....

Or maybe try the Earth 1000 AD scenario?

Comment

I do this all the time, I always start a new game before I finish my current one. I think I've only finished two (yes, TWO) Civ 3 games during all the time I played it.

But I've decided that with Civ 4 I'll try to finish every game that I start. Since I don't have that much time to play, this means that I've only finished one game so far, my first game (I only got the game a few days ago).
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Play smaller maps. Less cities, less micromanaging, less terraforming, less units, less thinking.
            It doesnt make the game less difficult thought. Rather the opposite. Close neighbourhood can attack you faster. Or you can miss out on critical resource. To loose a city hurts more. and so on.

Comment

The opposite to me.I replay several times the same game,with diferent strategies to try the "best"one for that starting conditions.
              Best regards,

Comment

Re: rant: Grr I am so damn impatient!

Originally posted by moustafa
                hey guys,

help me out here. i bought this game a month ago and since then have only completed ONE game. Just ONE game, wow! My problem is I start but don't finish game. Might actually have some to do with difficulty level jumping I guess. As I got better I got bored of older games and now I'm playing at Prince level. But when I play I kind of feel like well I can always start a better game or I'm being too serious in this game and no its not fun so lets start another more relaxed game and then stop and start a new game. My save games folder has 26 save games damn! I don't know if this is common or if most of you when you start a game finish it completely, persisiting only in that game for the time. I think I am impatient or something. I really am trying to FOCUS on games and i think playing seriously in a game from top to bottom (or start to finish) is the better option. I know I don't make much sense and my english kind of sucks but hope you get what i'm talking about.
                It happens, I currently have 246 saved games.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

246?!

ACK!

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Probably half of them are multisession saves.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Wow!

Two Hundred and Fourty Six!!

Wow!

Anyway, guys, I have started a C4 SPT (see sig). Please do join the SPT and this time I will finish it. You are most welcome to tell us your stories .

Comment

For me theres another reason Ill start a new game even when Im not done the old one, and that is that games are sometimes (most times) a foregone conclusion. If Im way ahead in techs/power there no point in going thru the motions of building a space ship - besides, the beginning of the game is so fun compared to the end...

Comment

I quit a lot too.

I'm thinking of quitting my current game. I'm dominating in every way possible, but the thought of spending all the time to build a God Army of Tanks and running over everything wearies me.

And I *just* discovered that nukes don't Make Ground In Area Go Away like in Smac.
                          It's a CB.
                          --
                          SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Same here. I have dozens of saves.
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                              'm dominating in every way possible, but the thought of spending all the time to build a God Army of Tanks and running over everything wearies me.
                              Okay, so maybe I was a little wrong. Having 40 Modern Armors and just creeping down Asoka's territory is painfully fun, watching his purple creep dissapear as I raze base after base.
                              It's a CB.
                              --
                              SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Working...
                              X