Which AI wins most often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AI wins most often

I've found that Washington and Gandhi are the foes I lose to - if I lose at all!

Asoka and Saladin is my main foes when I'm not one of them.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Mansa Musa, Cyrus and Hueyuna Capac tend to do the best in my games.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Saladin and that Capac dude has annoyed me in quite a few games
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Washington and Mao.

Comment

Tokugawa... not!
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

My experience is that H. Copac comes out as the strongest AI most often.

Financial leaders generaly do very well.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Except on a highlands map, then it's the aggressive leaders that do well, along with organized. In the last highlands game with 9 civs, Tokugawa, Ghengis, Mao, and Montezuma and me (Washington) were the only survivors, until Monte met his demise at the hands of Tokugawa and Ghengis.

On a water map, financial rules, on highlands though, agressive and organized seems to, which tempts me to play the Japanese the next time I play Highlands. It's a big map with lots of barbarians storming the gates, something that the aggressive/organized civs are better equipped to handle.

Comment

Ghandi is a pain in the a$$.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I've seen mao do well. Hatty did fairly well in a couple games - and can be a pain if left undisturbed.

Comment

I play standard continents maps, so I often see financial leaders do well.

Give Mansa or Washington some time and space and they can be a real PITA.

I need to try Highlands soon... sounds quite interesting, and I like Japan anyway...

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Mansa Mansa and Hatshepsut have the greatest capacity to run away with the game I've found.
                        "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

Napoleon, Huayna Capac and Hatshepsut have been the biggest AIs in my games (biggest by terms of size, population and score). Others have also done well but generally when they have an advantageous start (i.e. large solo island in a continents map).
                          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

I don't know if I can nail down any regular winners so far, which is really, really good!

Although my buddy complains that Mansa Musa's become his usual nemesis in every game. This I think is more likely, since we humans are creatures of habit. Your play-style will serve as a pawn to at least one of the AI's schizophrenic personality types.

My question is where do we fit new personalities when the (inevitable) expansion packs come out?
                            "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
                            "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
                            "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

huayana capac, hatshepsut and kublai khan are always the best in my games, but of course im always above them

Comment

Working...
                              X