No announcement yet.

Favorite Civ, overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Elizabeth is my favorite- I love Philosophical and Financial as a combo. I also love the redcoat unit, and having fishing in the beginning can be huge if you start near a fish resource or three.

Russian Catherine is my second favorite - Creative is very helpful in grabbing and defending early territory and the Cossack is the best UU in the ame.

I also like Ghandi for early religions, fast workers, and industrious. Spiritual comes in handy too.

If there was an industrious/philosophical leader that would probably become by favorite.
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

Comment

Originally posted by petermarkab
      English cause i'm english. Is it wrong that i've not played a single game as anyone else?
      No but you're missing out on a lot of the game. Haven't you at least wondered what it would be like not to have such a ****ty UU?
      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Come on! the redcoat is at the pinnacle of the UU pyramid. in all honesty, i want to win a game with england before i move on to another civ.
        regards,

Peter

Comment

Why do you think the Red Coat is a ****ty UU? Other then the fact on faster game speeds its easy to zip past them to Infantry but thats true of nearly all the UU's. I've found them quite effective in marathon games.

Comment

Originally posted by petermarkab
            Come on! the redcoat is at the pinnacle of the UU pyramid. in all honesty, i want to win a game with england before i move on to another civ.
            Originally posted by Silver14
            Why do you think the Red Coat is a ****ty UU? Other then the fact on faster game speeds its easy to zip past them to Infantry but thats true of nearly all the UU's. I've found them quite effective in marathon games.
            Ok, let's clarify here:

This smiley: means someone is joking.

Because in typing one cannot put tones and emphasis in their sentences, it is neccessary to use little pictures to represent how they intend the text to be read. A smirking face sticking its tongue out generally represents something mischievous or joking.

I do actually like Redcoats, I was just having some fun.
            "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

On the first night that I got the game, I played as Liz and won. So far, it's been the only time I've managed to win because even at warlord difficulty, I kept doing poorly enough at defending my cities that I could just see what would be in store for me ten turns later: losing my empire. >.>;;

Anyway, I'm going with Liz.
              Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
              +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
              http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                Fine have your fun then.

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                  The one game I played as Liz, I didn't really get to build many Red Coats. I was doing more building in that era, and infantry game so soon. On marathon, things are much better. Playing with financial and philosophical traits is great fun.

Comment

Frederick for me, the only one that's Phi/Cre. I like that extra elbow room that comes with the free culture, and everybody likes great people.

Others I like include Saladin (mysticism + Phi/Spi) and Cyrus (immortals).

Originally posted by Sandman
                    I've got a liking for Mansa. Financial is always handy, as is spiritual. His UU is top-notch - when do you ever NOT use archers?

Cyrus is also a favourite of mine. His traits, creative and expansive, are not highly rated, but they work well together to generate the biggest cities around. Starts with a scout as well. His UU is pretty pointless - you need horses very early to be able to use it.
                    Like you said though, when do people ever NOT use archers? They're a PITA to kill in the ancient era, except with immortals. Immortals can even lead sieges, if you get horses early enough.

Comment

Catherine The Great, the financial trait is my favorite, and when combined with creative allows for some good expansion (Though not quite a Washington). Also, Russia and its history fascinates me .

Comment

Catherine:creative,finantial,scout,cossack.
                        Second choise,Cyrus:creative,expansive,scout.
                        Best regards,

Comment

I haven't play them all yet, but until now, it's Julius my favorite over Cathy, Vicky, George, Louis or Fredy.
                          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I like Ghandi. (Isn't that a song lyric?) Spiritual and Industrious seem to fit my style of play. On top of that, the fast worker is the earliest available UU.

However, I find that all the leaders have something going for them, and I play around with different civs and leaders much more than with Civ3. That is either a sign of wishy-washy leader picking, or else it is a sign of well done game balance. Playing random leader is much more tempting than it used to be. (Let's see, who will I be today?)
                            If you aren't confused,
                            You don't understand.

Comment

The Inca UU is just as early as the Fast Worker.

Comment

Elizebeth for Fi/Phi and the UU. Oh plus when i click on them i understand what they say!!~

Followed in a close second by Tokagawa. A japanese CSss followed by a rush to machinery is just devastating to all my neighbors. And agressive civs make nice amphib capable armies.
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Working...
                                X