Favorite Civ, overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauptman
    Elizebeth for Fi/Phi and the UU. Oh plus when i click on them i understand what they say!!~

Followed in a close second by Tokagawa. A japanese CSss followed by a rush to machinery is just devastating to all my neighbors. And agressive civs make nice amphib capable armies.
    I concur. The Japanese are awesome. Agressive and organized are very powerful together. In the present game, I hit my second wave of expansion perfectly with my Samurai taking over the Russians. Plus seeing them in action is just great. Playing on marathon gives all units their chance to shine, and the Samurai shine brightly. Just don't forget to bring the pikemen along to defend against those knights.

Comment

Germany - Fred, for some reason I always seem to do well with the Germs regardless of what style of victory I'm playing for.
      If you don't know where you're going, how do you know you never got there?

Comment

Russian - Catherine. I started my first games with her, and I loved the quick expansion of my national border. I've now played a couple of random games, and I also liked Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great.
        -- JPdB

Comment

The American Empire. George Washington.

I've longed to play as General Washington in Civilization since the original game, and now that I have the chance I take it. His traits are fairly nice and, well, the sole reason to be him is to BE him. Gotta love Washington. You just have to.
          "I spent some time trying to scream, but nothing came out but blood." - Darren MacLennan

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            English- Liz
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

American with Roosevelt: Build and Conquer!

Comment

i like greek and arabian both but i voted for greek

Comment

Washington.
                  You can't go wrong with Organized and Finnancial.
                  Best commerce ever.
                  Both in early and late game.

And adaptable to all strategies, regardless of religion rushing, wonder working, great people generation or conquest.

Comment

Spanish (Isabella)
                    My favorite civ as an oppenent. I actually can't stand the beeetch. Thats why she is my favorite opponent. it seems no matter what I do I can't placate her. She is so ungrateful and demanding no matter where, her and I, are in the standings. I find myself yelling at her( i mean this) and always promise to see her head on a pole, or should I say in my lap.

Comment

So at least I'm not the only one who likes Spain.

Comment

German or French. i voted german because thats what ive been playing on civ4, but my 2 best civ 3 games were french conquests (yes, not realistic, i never surrendered)
                        i have visited you game site, please visit mine....

www.playnet.com

Comment

Awww... nobody likes the Persians...
                          Last edited by Axxaer; January 31, 2006, 22:15.
                          "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                          Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Is that "nobody likes the Persians", or "nobody likes that fantastic trait combo that is Creative/Expansive"?
                            Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian
                              So at least I'm not the only one who likes Spain.
                              I like it too. Spain is much better in cIV than in civ III.
                              RIAA sucks
                              The Optimistas
                              I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by JackRudd
                                Is that "nobody likes the Persians", or "nobody likes that fantastic trait combo that is Creative/Expansive"?
                                It means that out of nearly 100 poll voters no one has picked the Persians yet.

I did my part by giving the Incas one of their two votes.

Given there is no Banana option this poll is invalid anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X