My Absense of late....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get well soon, Vel!

(Although I see from the CS Slingshot thread that you can't keep a good man down for long!)

Comment

I'm sure workin' on it, Swiss!

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Glad to see you getting better!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Thanks bin!
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Sorry to come so late to this but, like you apparently, I've been given actual "work" at work so, no more WorldPainter for me for a little while.

I mean it when I say, please let me know if there's anything I can do but mostly... get well.

You appear to be bound and determined to live through this, huh?

Well, as I said, get well and let me know how I can help. (do you still have my e-mail address?)

Tom P.

EDIT: retarded babbling bit removed...
            Last edited by padillah; January 20, 2006, 08:12.

Comment

Thanks Tom, and that IS quite a coincidence! Wow....pretty cool stuff.

And yep, still got the address, and still chugging along doggedly....too stubborn to just die, I guess....*G*

-=Vel=-

Comment

I just noticed right now.
                I wish you the best,and,as I wrote some hours ago without knowing your trouble:salutations and life(ave atque vale).
                Sincerely,

Comment

Vel - what can I say? Other than that I think #18 should have included a few health improvements: where would you like your aquaduct installed, sir?

All the best!
                  Dom 8-)

Comment

I'm mostly a lurker for now around here, but I don' t think I'm exaggerating one bit when I say you're the lifeblood of these forums. Wish you all the best

Comment

hi vel, only posted here a few times, your posts are dynamite and have taught me a lot about the game, hope you are better soon,

ally

Comment

How did I miss this thread? Glad things are working out so far....you're certainly in my prayers.
                        Radeon 9600 XT 256MB, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, WinXP SP2, 2.4GHz P4, latest Catalysts, Civ4 DX9

Comment

I've been lurking this place for years, and you are the reason why i keep coming back. Civ wouldn't be the same without you Vel. Best wishes.

-Lomax-

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the continued well wishes.

Today, I had my followup appointment, which included a full day of poking, prodding, drawing blood, taking pictures, and most dreaded of all, another nuke stress test.

Dreaded by me, because just two weeks ago, I had a heart attack WHILE on their %@#$!@# treadmill, and I was a bit gun-shy about getting back on that particular horse (and needless to say, I did not finish the first test).

It hurt like ten kinds of hell, but I'm happy to report that I crossed the finish line this time, and the doc gave me a clean bill of health (tho he DID warn that it might be my own stubborn nature that finally does me in, if I ever cross swords with an ailment that proves to be more stubborn than me)....*shrug* I guess we'll find that out one day at a time tho.

In the meantime, I start Cardio-Rehab in a couple weeks, and don't have to go get poked and prodded for another 4 months.

Life is good.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Working...
                            X