The game needs better civ spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sirian
    I tick off as many as not, because I express myself rather directly.
    Funny, I never noticed.

And the reason I mention these tweaks is I think most players would prefer having an extra civ in the game rather than a bunch of water. You might want to consider lowering the sea levels by -10 as a default if that's all it takes. There's still plenty left for the navies and overall the civs get disbursed better by doing it as well. I've even seen a 4:4 split, something I've never had before. I still get some 6:2 setups, but not as often.

PS: And I share Fajitaduke's sentiments. It's great having someone who's firectly involved with the game come and communicate with us "common folk".

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
      And the reason I mention these tweaks is I think most players would prefer having an extra civ in the game rather than a bunch of water. You might want to consider lowering the sea levels...
      Performance issues. More land, more cities, more plot improvements, more units, more pathfinding to do, more AI stuff to do, more graphics to display...

Those who want more can play a larger map size. The Standard size is optimized to deliver good performance for min spec machines. We could have set the min specs higher, but that would exclude more customers. And again, you can have a larger map by playing a larger map. So... *shrug* ...that's not going to change.

BTW, I am a common folk.

- Sirian

Comment

Working...
      X