No announcement yet.

This is NOT Pangaea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this Feary Land map script I read about somewhere Sirian?

I sounded amazingly cool. It would supposedly be included in some future patch. But still nothing in 1.52...

Comment

I think it's one of the many map options that are available if you play a custom game.

Comment

So what's the word? Anybody finding any problems with the Pangaea fix I posted?

- Sirian

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if I have got the opposite problem of this. I'm into a game on a large balanced map now, and I thought some of the civs would get on another continent or on some islands. But all the civs are on a gigantic continent that seems to cover more than half the world at least, but still I haven't got to the point I've begun trading maps with people(but I have open borders with everyone, so I have lots of my enemies' land covered at least).
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            I'm into a game on a large balanced map now, and I thought some of the civs would get on another continent or on some islands. But all the civs are on a gigantic continent that seems to cover more than half the world at least, but still I haven't got to the point I've begun trading maps with people(but I have open borders with everyone, so I have lots of my enemies' land covered at least).
            That's the intended behavior of that script.

Comment

Oh, I thought some of the civs would be placed on the other continent. Sorry!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian

- Sirian
                I will check it out this Friday, when I am off work

what is a good amount of maps to generate?
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'll probably dl it tonight and give it a try. My current Pangea map (normal) generated two landmasses with 3 civs on one and 4 on the other. A couple islands were around too.

Comment

That's the intended behavior of that script.
                    I finished the game last night. The map contains only one, huge continent, no islands or second continent. The setting were balanced, I checked, yet this is clearly a pangaea map?

Comment

- Sirian
                      As for my experience in testing it: 25 maps. All Pangaea. No problems.

Comment

I tested on a few maps last night. All were one continent, but at least one had a huge number of islands, probably more than 10% of the land mass was islands (natural map). Should there be a consideration to skip a map if more than 10% of the map is not part of the continent or only if it is one larger land mass?

Comment

out of 9 maps so far

here are two screenies to let you judge
                          (first screenies #7,second #9)

both were tiny, temporate, high, natural

this one has a smallish isalnd
                          Attached Files

Comment

no island the second time

I have all maps saved to word file
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've only generated a few maps with the script, but they look good so far, no big islands yet. I've had one that looks really close to 10% landmass in small islands, which I don't like but 10% is acceptable I guess, can't be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossfire
                                I tested on a few maps last night. All were one continent, but at least one had a huge number of islands, probably more than 10% of the land mass was islands (natural map). Should there be a consideration to skip a map if more than 10% of the map is not part of the continent or only if it is one larger land mass?
                                anomalies in excess of 10% of the land not attached to the pangaea (during Solid shoreline games only, of course -- the tolerance level is 20% for the other types

Comment

Working...
                                X