United Nations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Nations?

Hi, noobishs question I need answered. I'm the Secretary General of The United Nations in my name (Well, me and Cyrus, we have a permant alliance ) but, where can I propose resoloutions? On the victory screen it tells you what the resoloutions are, but theres no where to start a vote on them. So, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated, and Merry Christmas!

Only every few turns a secretary general can propose a new motion to the council. It will popup automatically. Just wait a few turns after you're elected.

Merry Christmas as well.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

slight hijaking of the thread...

does anyone else think that we should be able to propose any civic change, rather than just the couple offered? Ie, make everyone a police state, etc?

it just seems odd that only a few, not always useful, civics are in there...

Comment

It would be fun to have a sort of evil united nations with everyone having police state, etc. I'm guessing Sid just based it offthe real United Nations. Thanks
        Geomodder

Comment

Originally posted by 2khoplite
          It would be fun to have a sort of evil united nations with everyone having police state, etc. I'm guessing Sid just based it offthe real United Nations. Thanks
          Geomodder
          This would be very realistic in terms of being like certain major nations already

How do I get them to vote me to be overlord of earth? they keep abstaining but are pleased with me...

Comment

Could it be because of the alliance? If no votes have come up then you just have to wait for it, however, if resolutions are occurring and you didn't choose it, then it's all Cyrus's bidding! (Never got a permanent alliance and been elected UN Chairman)

Comment

What is the use by the way, to force civics on other civs?

The only advantages I can think of, is to negate the advantages of a state religion - to prevent spying on your cities, but this is only an advantage in MP games.
              The only SP-game advantage I can think of would be to prevent the computer civ from having a military-boosting civic, like police state.
              Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

Other civs can like/dislike you based on your civics compared to their own.
                "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Axxaer
                  Other civs can like/dislike you based on your civics compared to their own.
                  so the civic un votes will help them line you up to like you more, but will also mean they like the others they vote for more wont it also/.

Comment

The whole UN thing is stupid.

If you have diplomatic victory turned off (which is always the cheap victory), you loose that entire part of the game.

It worked much better in SMAC,
                    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

yes I foresee a modern world with safe guards like the UN taken away, what a great place it would be...

the UN is supposed to award the person who does't kill everything on the map, in my last game I lost too space race, as I didn't want to attack and knock my reputation back IMO the space race is stupid, but it is an important part of a balanced game like the UN

Comment

Forcing everyone into Org Religion, Vassalage, and all those other high-upkeep civics
                        OH YEAH!

Comment

I like the diplomacy victory option - and at least from my experiment in a single game - it is not necessarily easy. I thought I had it wrapped up as I was number one in population and culture and was good friends with the number three and number four players. However, I barely got their votes (with a bribe to one of them) as the number two player was rather popular as well. I ended up having to give up on a diplomatic victory and managed to sorta win by space race (after a major shift in emphasis). Space race was actually a tie as I got it the same turn as number three player! If anything, the space race is still a little too easy.

Comment

I wish the UN could propose resolutions like "make peace" to force a 10turns peace between belligerent countries. It's, after all; the initial role of the UN to preserve peace.
                            Clash of Civilization team member
                            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

And it's the initial role of sovereign nations to tell the UN to go **** itself and continue warring.

Comment

Working...
                              X