Interface Woes: Extorting Tech from AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDiCesare
    I don't have much of a problem with the ai hating me for little reason, but I'd really like the diplomacy to allow exchanging tech for resources, to be able to be bribed to go into war (you can bribe the ai to go to war, but can't offer war in exchange of a tech for instance).
    You know this was something that really bothered me but it slipped my mind. Civ 3 had very open-ended trading agreements, which I always used. The restrictive trading rubric really limits your abilities to use diplomacy to get ahead.
    Killing is fun in pixels, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Diadem
      You can't. It's one of the stupid things in Civ4.
      There is no "give me that or die" option.
      Although the AI does it. I think the devs put this to restrict the misuse of the diplomatics byt the human player. It was too easy before - trade some tech or give few golds and the other civ goes to suicide war etc etc...

Comment

Is there any possibility that the diplo system could be tweaked to allow for some of the coercive options discussed here in this thread? My guess is not, because it would involve some pretty basic changes to the engine & playtesting it to not make it an exploit against the AI would be a nightmare. Patches don't usually do things like that, in my experience.

Guess we'll have to wait for the Civ4 expansion! Has that been announced yet?

Comment

Is there any possibility that the diplo system could be tweaked to allow for some of the coercive options discussed here in this thread?
          I think such things will be possible to mod when the SDK comes out. I fiddled a bit with the Python file for diplo and checked that you end up in C++ (impossible to mod) code very very fast. So right now to me it seems unmoddable. Some options can be activated, but you end up changing the ai behaviour by side effect so for me it's overall better left the way it is.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
          X