• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John-SJ
    I believe what you meant was...

Godwin's Law
    edit: ...never mind

I guess there is something about the URL that this forum does not understand and does not apply the proper formatting.

...just had to try for myself

Comment

Yes, thank you Enigma_Nova for clearing that up and clarifying the thread. I'm enjoying walu's posts and understand them better when you posted your synopsis.

Walu, we are just kidding around. No need to get defensive. I like Isabella too.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

i no. I apologise if my writing offends anyone. We cant all be eintsteins, some of us are john's and bill's

lol

so i guess you lot are older then by the 18 is young comments.

Yeh, i only like isabella, last night i started a game as lois XIV. but thought nah i like isabella better. lol

so i started again. the only fing that bugs me is the epanisive trait - its bla. They should have one like mentally unstable!

LOL.

eeeeeee i cant post at night cuz im livin sum where were they dont ahve internet for the time being - god i sound like im a flitter who sleeps his way through britain! LOL

any way no need for the life story.

have u all seen the inquisitor mod - i havent used it eyt but i think that is an ace idea for spain.

over.....

Comment

you don't need to apologize. Just recognize that there is a lot of humor used in the forums and with the limitations of only text messages - sometimes offense is caused when it's not intended... or people are felt left out, etc.

Apolyton has a long tradition of welcoming new folks to the boards. Anyone who has an interest in civ is always welcomed here by the members.

Regarding your question about age of the members. There are lot of people your age and younger. There is also a pretty decent representation of ages older. There are some very active members in their 50's and 60's. It's great to get diversity both in age groups and internationally at this site.

Comment

i no, i tek it in good humour. do you know what, ima freezin.

HEY!

you know the flags that are under ya names

are they where you lot live - if so some of your english is waaaaaaaaaaaaay good

- betta than mine. (not that its hard)

i tell ya what, i hated civ games n i hated turn based games, i found them boring, uninviting and ugly games the word frumpy comes to mind when thinking of then sort of games.

But then i played Civ 4 n it is ace, n now im searching for more games like it. i just love all the, and the, and the bits like... you know what i meen.

i go on.

Comment

Since I am bored, I shall translate his latest post.

I know, I take it in good humour. Do you know what? I'm freezing.

HEY! Do you know the flags that are under your names? Are they where you lot live - If so, some of your english is really good! Better than mine. (Not that it is hard.)

I tell you what, I hated Civ games and turn based games. I found them boring, uninviting and ugly. The word "frumpy" comes to mind when thinking of those sort of games.

But then, I played Civ 4 and it is ace, and now I'm searching for more games just like it. I just love all the... and the... and the bits like... You know what I mean.

I could go on.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                It's great to get diversity both in age groups and internationally at this site.

Hmm, but seemingly not much of a 'diversity' of gender.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David

Hmm, but seemingly not much of a 'diversity' of gender.
                  That's because there are no women on the internet, silly.
                  "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000

That's because there are no women on the internet, silly.

Wishful thinking.

Comment

Prove me wrong. Everyone is male until proven female.

Comment

I beg your pardon????

Last time I checked, I was fully female. Wait, let me ask my husband.... ok, yes, definately a female here!!
                        And look! I'm on the internet!!! And I play computer games!! An actual female geek!!

Amy

Comment

Get ready for a flood of unwanted attention - postings, PMs, IMs, etc.

There are some notable female members of 'Poly, but let's be honest, it's not that many. Like it matters. If dudes are coming to a gaming site on the internet to pick up chicks, then that's the least of their problems.

Comment

Why wouldn't we hunt female gamers online? What other female social group can understand that we can't go on a date tonight because Gandhi just nuked me and I have to righteously spank his skinny arse in revenge?
                            "The first casualty in war is truth."
                            ~Aeschylus

Comment

good luck. The desired outcome makes sense. The feasability is perhaps miscaluclated.

Comment

Originally posted by waluigi2k5

im a lad. not young (18)
                                Love it!!!

Tom P.
                                BTW, when someone is twice your age, they have the right to call you young.

I'm 36. (Seriously, I'll be 37 on Mar 19th)

Comment

Working...
                                X