Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

civ4 on LAPTOPS/NOTEBOOKS, does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very new to Civ4 my first game was on settler(lol) and I got icked off when my PC chashes around the renaissance. I have a Radeon 9200 Intel 1.70Ghz, 593 Mhz, 512 Mb of RAM. I don't know if this is good. Couldn't another possiblity be to replace the grephics driver for a new one? I mean I love having 12 other civs against mew on a huge map and I really like this game.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
      All the post i've seen so far, (on apolyton and civfanatics) was people having trouble with the others intel integrated graphics cards.

But I'm aware that people who have the game working don't post into forum. But there was nobody at this day, who told us the game was working on his Intel Integrated(extreme 1 or 2, 865 or less). The people reports the black terrain issue over the 865.

If you have this card, good luck to get this game working.
      intel 865? Do intel manufacture such chipsets?
      “I know that you believe you understand what you
      think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what
      you heard is not what I meant.”

Comment

Works fine on my laptop:

3,2ghz pentium 4
        1gb RAM
        ATI Mobility Radeon X600
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yup!
          Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller (Intel® 865G Chipset Family)

Originally posted by fypo13

intel 865? Do intel manufacture such chipsets?
          bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
            All the post i've seen so far, (on apolyton and civfanatics) was people having trouble with the others intel integrated graphics cards.

But I'm aware that people who have the game working don't post into forum. But there was nobody at this day, who told us the game was working on his Intel Integrated(extreme 1 or 2, 865 or less). The people reports the black terrain issue over the 865.

If you have this card, good luck to get this game working.
            Which really confuses me... because it works on some computers that is below the minimum requirements and yet it doesn't on some high-end computers...

Comment

Works fine on my IBM T41p both in native 1400x1050 resolution and with an attached monitor with higher resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Ok -- but remember that I only have 1 GB ram.
                You'll be fine, I have a 9100 with a gig of ram and an ATI 256 graphics card. I generally play Terran Huge or Rhye's Earth Map with 18 civs and don't get much slowdown at all until very near the end.

Just make sure you unload all the crap that Dell sets to run on startup...

Comment

Originally posted by Kinjiru

Just make sure you unload all the crap that Dell sets to run on startup...
                  And I do this simply by going under Program Manager, right?

I haven't done this yet, and the reason is, because I'm worried about undoing programs that are essential for running at startup each time.

Additional information from you or some knowledgeable about this would be appreciated. thanks
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

GOOD news... working fine on my laptop... albeit sluggish... im thinking of adding RAM...

i await the patch, come December... it's said to clear cache issues to limit game crashes...

cool!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X