Babylon
    Mayans
    Turks
    Koreans
    Hebrews?
    Khmer?
    Bantu?
    Other Ideas?

Not a bad list. Maybe Carthage is an option to consider as well. I'd also like to see the Vikings, or bar that, the Swedish (I want to rule as Gustavus Adolphus ).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      New Civs are a must, of course, but new scenarios would be nice as well.
      Were there any new Firaxis-made scenarios with Play the World or Conquests?

Having put heavy work into the modding capabilities, i expect theyll leave the scenarios to the community and throw in the best fan-made ones with an expansion.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Didn't buy Conquests . I was done with CivIII by the time that came out.

Did they have any new ones with the CivII expansions?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

And there needs to be a way to find cities. I heard news some city is rioting towards my country, I had a lot of trouble finding it. Maybe there's a way to do this as well, I just don't know.

For any message event, you can...

press control-tab
          click on the message in teh event log window
          the screen recenters on the spot that prompted the message, a la your rioting city.

Another thing I've found really useful that doesn't seem to be glaringly obvious is the new functions available when you zoom out far enough. Zoom out until the cloud cover appears, and the buttons over the minimap change. The military button is especially useful. Click on the military button, then click on enemy units only, and you can tell at a glance where any hostile are.
          If you're not a rebel at 20 you have no heart. If you're still a rebel at 30 you have no brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Didn't buy Conquests . I was done with CivIII by the time that came out.

Did they have any new ones with the CivII expansions?
            Yeah im sure, there was a load of fan-made scenarios with CivII multiplayer gold edition, i think they were originally released in the Fantastic Worlds expansion with just scenarios. The scripting in CivII is miles simpler than using Python though.

civ3 was a bit of a mess, especially with no scripting, it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt bother with any.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

CivII scenarios

But I was talking about Microprose made scenarios in the expansion. I thought there was.

Comment

Apparently MicroProse designed 11 of the 19 on Fantastic Worlds, "including tributes to X-COM, Master of Magic, and Master of Orion".

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Comment

Sure more civs...but I haven't played but three of the 18 choices so far! Patch first, then second, THEN maybe some expansion talk.
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I liked C3C's scenarios - esp. Middle Ages. Hopefully an expansion would be packed with awesome scenarios.
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I really like Alexander's Two-in-One Civ idea. That's pretty sharp, and really only means different UUs and Civ adjectives. Nice.

I will jump into the 'more civs' boat, because that's always great. More units... eh... maybe if there's a really cool niche to fill but things are good already. More wonders - not that big to me. I'd be against adding more religions - seven was chosen for the best balance. Adding more would just lessen the impact of each individual religion.

I would want any expansion to have at least a killer feature or two... civil wars, real colonies, something that blows us away and comes with scenarios built around showing off how cool the feature is. Plus, scenarios in general. Conquests was such a better expansion than PTW even though by that time I didn't play many normal games anymore. The conquests themselves and their use of the new game features were what was cool.

Comment

Is such a new game. I torn, lets get some mileage from it before we start talk of expansions. Then I read what you all posted and my heart goes - bring it on
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Alexander has a cool idea. It reminds me of "Empires: Dawn of the Modern World". It came out back in '03 , anybody remember that one?

Comment

The dual civ idea could work with many options. Rather than argue over which one to include, they can both be included.

This idea could be used with:

Babylon (Hammurabi/Nebuchadnezzar) / Assyria (Sennacherib)
                            Phoenicia (Hiram) / Carthage (Hannibal)
                            Hebrews (David) / Israelis (David Ben Gurion)
                            Vikings (Harald Hardrada) / Swedish (Gustavus Adolphus)
                            Celts (Vercingetorix) / Scottish (Robert the Bruce)
                            Seljuks/Ottomans
                            Romans (Caesar) / second leader - Byzantines (Justinian)

I don't know how we could get this idea to the attention of Firaxis, though.
                            Last edited by Alexander I; November 10, 2005, 13:54.
                            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Working...
                            X