Any word on an expansion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on an expansion?

This game is awesome! I'm totally ready to throw down another fistful of cash to get more of it.

Any word on when/if the expansion is coming out?

I'd like to see some new civs (Babylon, Mayans, Turks, etc.), as well as more wonders, heck! I just want more!
    Last edited by Alexander I; November 9, 2005, 09:50.
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Man, most people are just waiting for a patch with some minor interface enhancements. And more World Wonders? No, please not, do you really want a wonder every year, they should stay kind of... special

Comment

New Civs are a must, of course, but new scenarios would be nice as well.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Paratroopers please....

Comment

a bit early for expansion talk. I'd rather some units be included in a patch. But you know how these guys need to make money. So we can expect them in a expansion.

more modern naval units for sure. Yeah I'm sure guys will mod these in soon enough, so it's not a big deal. I'm not sure how difficult the graphics will be for people though. We need cruisers. And we need choppers on ships (not sure if this is possible). Paratroopers of course. Guerillas are needed.

We need many new interface improvements. But I expect these in a patch, not an expansion pack. The F5 screen is the most obvious choice. There has to be an easier way to find and upgrade units. Perhaps there is, I just don't know how.

And there needs to be a way to find cities. I heard news some city is rioting towards my country, I had a lot of trouble finding it. Maybe there's a way to do this as well, I just don't know.

Comment

Some Ideas:

New Civs: (Probably 8, like previous Civ expansions):
            Babylon
            Mayans
            Turks
            Koreans
            Hebrews?
            Khmer?
            Bantu?
            Other Ideas?

New Wonders:
            Great Wall! (Would be a Great addition)

New Religions:
            Zoroastrianism
            Shinto
            Jainism?

New Units:
            Paratroopers
            Modern Naval Units (Aegis?)
            Guerillas

New Scenarios

What else would an expansion add? A Ramses leaderhead to supplement Hatshepsut in Egypt?
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Koreans are a must!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Finnish!
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Reworked spy system a'la what is suggested in the Solver's thread.
                  The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                  - Frank Herbert

Comment

You already can make Guerillas using promotions. What would a new unit consist of that isn't already there?

More Civs is obvious. More buildings/techs/wonders too.

I'd also like to see a Military Great Person added as discussed in a thread I can't be bothered to find a link to.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Fix war.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

We need many new interface improvements. But I expect these in a patch, not an expansion pack. The F5 screen is the most obvious choice. There has to be an easier way to find and upgrade units. Perhaps there is, I just don't know how.

And there needs to be a way to find cities. I heard news some city is rioting towards my country, I had a lot of trouble finding it. Maybe there's a way to do this as well, I just don't know.

100% agreed.

The game is awesome, and my unique complain is about the interface. A little too much "full color", maybe? This is for modders... So, Sn00py?
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          Fix war.
                          RIAA sucks
                          The Optimistas
                          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Bring more wars around 4000BC-1500AD

Comment