No announcement yet.

Space Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good point. What was that quote from Morgan? "I personally intend to live forever, but barring that, a couple thousand years would be nice"
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

In the year 2100, gaming won't have advanced all that much. The Graphics are Realistic, the Sound is 7.1d, and all the creative ideas are staying in Japan.
      And yes, that was Morgan's quote for building the Longevity Vaccine

Comment

Re: Space Colonization

Originally posted by Neshiren
        I enjoy Civ4 alot, all the new features are great and the graphics are good.

But I still feel that something's lacking.
        The only big new feature is, in my opinon, religion.

How about implementing a new way to expand your civilization - colonize space.
        You complete your Colony Spaceship, which takes just about as long time as the AC spaceship, and off you go, to a planet of your choice.
        You go to the new planet with a simple click on a button, and it changes the interface to what you can build and even research. You may find new minerals or material that you can research. I'm sure others can come up with endless ideas.
        Terraforming sounds interesting but I think that would push it a bit too far.

I don't want it to become some kind of Star Wars, more like a very toned down version of AC.

So why would you want to colonize space?
        These colonies would grow very slowly - and might not give more than some gold. You would however get many victory points. Perhaps some kind of new research or resources, I'm not sure what though.

I know, this is not a thing you throw in a patch, more like an expansion or even Civ5...

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?
        Beat Civilization via Space Race victory.

Exit Civilization.

Start Alpha Centauri.

Comment

I wasn't sure the wording was exact.

Oh ye of little faith. Computer technology is doubling every month the last I heard. But I do think that the end of computer gaming may be close. I think that eventually, we will all have chips that basically link our bodies to the net, and our brains will become the computer. But remember, that interface is one step away from controll. If they can interface with our brains, they will soon be able to implant ideas, emotions, and eventually, move our bodies, and perhaps controll what we think.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You all think I'm paranoid, right?

Comment

Ever played TRON 2.0?
            Failing that, play System Shock.

Comment

I know not these names Herr Nova.

Comment

Both video games dealing with crazy computers.
                You might also try Marathon 1 if you have a Macintosh. Great game, that.

Comment

Nope! No Macs here!

If you want games dealing with computers going nuts, maybe the Terminator 3 game is for you. I'll stick with Civ and C&C.

Comment

Any game created after a movie, or movie created after a game, are going to be crap.

Comment

I dissagree. I have played some quite satisfying Godzilla games.

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7
                        Oh ye of little faith. Computer technology is doubling every month the last I heard.
                        No. Moore's law states that the number of transistors on a chip doubles every 18 months*.

*Moore originally said 12 and then revised it to 24, but in reality it's closer to 18

Comment

I stand corrected. Consider the statement suitably altered. The point still stands though. Technology is still growing at an astronomcial rate.

Comment

And what are we going to use that technology for, anyway?
                            Pardon me for not being as creative as Miyamoto, but I just don't see how having more processing power will make games any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                              How in god's name are you going to generate a 10-kilometre-long carbon nanotube?
                              You'd need a 10-kilometer-high Laboratory, but you can't build that without the tubes themselves!
                              Either that, or you build a 10-kilometer-long laboratory, and then you have to sort of tie one end of the nanotube to a spaceship to get it up in the air, and hope it doesn't break.
                              uhm... what? on what grounds does this assumption come from?

i would assume, from articles I have read, that three things could happen to make this possible
                              -the nanotubes would assemble themselves
                              -we would build the whole darn thing in chunks
                              -any other plausible theory

we certainly don't need a gigantic lab...

Comment

You appear to have it backwards, wattro.
                                What you do is request funding for the giant lab
                                Then, when you find out that you don't need 8 kilometres of it, you turn the rest into an Arcade / Sports Centre / Stripclub / Network Cafe.

Comment

Working...
                                X