Archer Killed Modern Armor!!!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Killed Modern Armor!!!?!?!

I attacked a city the other day with a veteran fully healed Modern Armor...

City had only Longbowmen in it... my Modern Armor was destroyed by the first longbowman group...

Okay that is just IDIOTIC . I don't care if the tank operators were ASLEEP and the archers volleyed 10,000 arrows/minute at it... it wouldn't be damaged in the least.

Civ3 fixed this, how did Civ4 drop the ball?

Come now, they only needed to shoot just one arrow into the turret. Easy enough to do.
    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

Maybe they had arrows with bombs attached to them

Comment

Picture please.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Civ3 fixed it? Uhmm, not really. However, the odds of a fully healed Modern Armor being killed by a Longbowman are extremely small. Less than one in a million for sure.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Maybe someone didn't notice that with city-defense promotions, fortified (maybe behind a river), with city-culture defense not reduced, that the Longbow's 6 defense might be enhanced to 20 or 30 or more.

KoBushi, did you look at the numbers in the lower left to see what the odds were before you committed your assault? Sometimes I am also frustrated with an attack.

Comment

No, I didn't loko at those #s... but they shouldn't matter.

I don't are how well entrenched or motivated the longbowman is... taking out an attacking modern armor is just silly.

As for a screenshot I don't have one; I just kept playing.

Though I haven't had it happen again, so I guess it is rare; but such outcomes of very un-evenly stacked battles shouldn't happen.

Comment

There's has to be that uncertainty, so that the first to get a lead in tech/units doesn't run wild all over the map. Plus taking cities in Civ4 is tough.
                .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

how would you feel if ai gets a tech lead over you and there is absolutely NO chance ANY of your units survives 1-on-1?

Comment

Well... there is a pretty serious tech gap between MA and longbowman. I can buy that argument for maybe a rifleman taking down a tank, but a longbowman? There's no question that cities are hard to capture in Civ4, but if you really have that kind of lead, or you've fallen that far behind, don't you kind of deserve what's coming to you?

Comment

"how would you feel if ai gets a tech lead over you and there is absolutely NO chance ANY of your units survives 1-on-1?"

LaRusso... I'd desrve it. And though I wouldn't "like it" I also don't like loosing... but if I can't loose what's the fun?

Just because people won't "like it" when they are on the other side of the barrel doesn't mean it should be prohibited in the game.

Comment

The chance of a Longbowman beating a Modern Armor are extremely, and I mean extremely, small. If you are attacking a city without bothering to take out city defenses (which increases the Longbowman's chance), it's your fault for not attacking properly.

Also, even if you do lose a Modern Armor to a Longbowman, with the huge advantage you have, that should not be a problem. If the loss of one MA is a big problem for you, then there's again a problem with your strategy.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

sure. just because it happens once in a lifetime makes for a nice exception. otherwise game would be too predictable, right? we do not want just a fancy excel sheet.

Comment

I dont care if a Longbowman succeed in defending a city only if it's happend rarely.... With all the defense bonus the longbwoman have by defending a city, it's ok that he succeed one time to kill a tank...

You try to capture a city, not a plain with no place to hide... but a city. So it's normal the tank fail to capture the city... Unless if this happens too frequently.

I dont know what is the the chance to win for a longbowman vs a tank on a plain but this is surely very low.

See ya,
                            bleh

Comment

Re: Archer Killed Modern Armor!!!?!?!

Originally posted by KoBushi
                              I attacked a city the other day with a veteran fully healed Modern Armor...
                              post a screenshot showing the odds of the battle....
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X