No announcement yet.

Favorite Nimoy quote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I am the state" is spoiled for me by me knowing that it's actually a misattributed quote.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      Having never seen Spock, I can't evaluate that, but I really like Mr. Nimoy's voice and delivery. The "beep beep beep" one is great. I was quite surprised on first hearing it . I like the Communism quote too.
      Never seen Spock! Fix that immediately

I really enjoy the Nimoy quotes. "I AM the state" is my favorite so far, though the sputnik one makes me chuckle everytime.
      Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        "I am the state" is spoiled for me by me knowing that it's actually a misattributed quote.
        I think there's a difference between "misattributed" and "never been proved that he actually said it".

He may never had said it, but even if he hadn't, it's certainly an excellent imagining.

Comment

Oh yeah, I just thought of my second favorite one:

"You intend for a ship to sail against the wind by lighting a bonfire under her deck?! I have no time for such nonsense!"
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Never seen Spock! Fix that immediately

Watching at least one episode of Star Trek has been on my list for about a year now .

I think there's a difference between "misattributed" and "never been proved that he actually said it".

He may never had said it, but even if he hadn't, it's certainly an excellent imagining.

Good point. That quote certainly fits Louis XIV well.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publius Syrus

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

"Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe." - Albert Einstein

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." - Confucius

Comment

Oh yeah, the vulcanmeister. I think it's great having his voice in the game, really one of the nice polishing touches.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

to spock. Though I'm ashamed I didn't recognize his voice at first. I knew it sounded familiar, and I was trying to replay the quote to figure out who it was. By the second one I figured out who it was.

Comment

"beep... beep... beep... beep..."

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Mother Nature herself has provided in humans the need for the concept of God!

(or something like that!) I think Spock's voice is a little trebly in the game thus the low deepness is a little loss, or else it may be my speakers!

Probably considered the best movie of StarTrek:
                      Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Considered the funniest Spock to me and movie is Star Trek IV: -- (maybe that should be Star Trek III when Spocks returns from the dead!) --
                      The Vovage Home (or something like that - save the Whales)

Scotty:
                      Computer! computer! (while he is talking into the mouse asnd using it as a microphone!)(they had to come back in time to save the Earth in the future!)
                      How quaint!

Use the keyboard!
                      Last edited by Raion; November 4, 2005, 14:28.

Comment

No doubt Spocks greatest moment since he appeared on The Simpsons!!
                        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

That waver in his voice is probably related to the fact that he's something like a hundred years old.

I chuckle when he pronounces "lava" with a short, flat "a". "Lava". heh. Dunno what dialect that's caused by.

Comment

none of the quotes are really that funny...

to be honest, they are getting annoying as I play more and more games
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                            X