Favorite Nimoy quote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Nimoy quote?

Come on. I know you all have some of your favorite lines from Nimoy.

I think mine is, "I am the state."

New Civ Catchphrase:
    "Needs more Nimoy."

beep beep beep beep

Comment

Beep Beep Beep Beep wins for me.

But for some reason, I tingle when he says "Put your shoulder to the wheel".

Think its cuz its the first thing he said in my first game.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

"Beep beep beep beep" is a born classic, but I'm impartial to "Your design* is not complete when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take out." It's elegant and I like to apply that to many things, mostly writing.

* I think it was design.

Other rather memorable ones:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime. "

(Set him on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.)

"All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts."
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

"The beauracracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding beauracracy."
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I wish they'd do what they did in SMAC and all say the source of the quote. Alas..
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"I fooled you. I fooled you. I got pig iron. I got pig iron. I got all pig iron."
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep

I literally fell out of my chair.
                ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Yup, gotta give it to Firaxis - Mr. Nimoy + the choice of quotes was a masterstroke. Every single quote is perfectly chosen, and some of them are very ingenious and are stuff that you wouldn't have expected to be referring to some tech or game concept, even if you have known the quote before - yet fit exremely well when you think about it.
                  The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                  - Frank Herbert

Comment

Ok, they're not Nimoy quotes, factually.
                    They're quotes from people spoken by Nimoy.
                    I think it comes with a source most of the time btw.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      Ok, they're not Nimoy quotes, factually.
                      They're quotes from people spoken by Nimoy.
                      I think it comes with a source most of the time btw.
                      I think everybody here knows it. I think.
                      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                      - Frank Herbert

Comment

Aha! Was it Spock time travelling around and planting those quotes throughout history to give his alter-ego actor identity the opportunity to deliver them? Eh? Eh?

My favourite Nimoy quote is "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" but I'm not sure I heard that in this game
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

I think everybody here knows it. I think.
                          I'm not sure if everybody knows it.
                          Remember that they MTV generation is currently being attached to cIV and browsing these boards!

They might become the generation that thinks that Spock said all those cool things. (and milk comes from the factory)
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            Aha! Was it Spock time travelling around and planting those quotes throughout history to give his alter-ego actor identity the opportunity to deliver them? Eh? Eh?

My favourite Nimoy quote is "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one" but I'm not sure I heard that in this game
                            Would heve been nice for Democracy quote...
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

am i the only one who hears a slight speech impediment in leo's sentences?
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                              X