No announcement yet.

Civ 4 Music :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well like everyone before..i just love the music...normalyy after...hmmm...5 min i kill the music..open itunes and let go my super duper RUSH mix..but you know what?? after 5 min..i killed itunes and went back to the civ music.....guess it's part of the ''experience '' of playing civ this time.....

Comment

The music in cIV is absolutely wonderful. Sure I do have my favorites, like the medieval chants and of course Brahms, but generally there are no rotten eggs among the tunes.

That African opening song is gorgeous. The Lords Prayer in Swahili? Who would've thunk it.

Comment

One of the cool features of the game is that if you're zoomed out at a medium distance, you get the general music theme for the era, but if you zoom in to a city, you hear the theme specific to the culture. And it seems to use 3D audio, so it sounds like the music is coming from the city.

Comment

What I want to do with the soundtrack is to add specific pieces, but I want them played only during the right era. Is there a way to do this? (eg. I don't want the medieval music I added to be played in the modern era...)
          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

I thought that the recycling of the Civ II opening theme for Montezuma was... inspired. Not that I'm complaining, nostalgia is always cool. (Not to mention the "oh noes, some civ got extincted" music as Bismarck's theme.)
            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I like the music BUT!

A) Wonders' music is unimpressive. Remember Leonardo Workshop music? Nothing even close here. It all sounds strange ... and the same

B) Even though I like classical music, I think they missed opportunity to bring more genres to the game. I mean classical music is good for medieval and for resonance, but for industrial and modern times they could use different tracks: jazz, electronic, easy listening, new age, whatever.
              The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
              certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

That's true...
                They missed a good opportunity to put Gershwin, Rhapsody In blue. But I"m REALLY happy with the music, but more i think, more I found it miss other modern music like: "atmospheric" jazz, electronic music.

Even if John Davis music is simply amazing...

see ya,

Originally posted by MxM
                I like the music BUT!

A) Wonders' music is unimpressive. Remember Leonardo Workshop music? Nothing even close here. It all sounds strange ... and the same

B) Even though I like classical music, I think they missed opportunity to bring more genres to the game. I mean classical music is good for medieval and for resonance, but for industrial and modern times they could use different tracks: jazz, electronic, easy listening, new age, whatever.
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Isn't it interesting though that eventhough Firaxis included other religions, that the main music is Christian, the intro (Leonard Nimoy reading Genesis) is Christian and a lot of the tech quotes are from the Bible and they removed Darwin's Voyage?

Oh, and yes, the music is awesome!
                  Well, since christianity may be the most influencive religion to culture and civilization on this earth that's not really a strange decision.

And in fact Judaism is the source for christianity, so one might say that Judaism is the most influencive religion / culture. Islam ie. spawns from judaism/christianity.

That's already 3.2 billion people on the current world
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

If Christiannity was the most influentive religion we would live in a world of compassion, spirituality, love, even a world where poetry live side by side of reality. I do think we dont live in this world...

But yeah I know what you tried to say.

Originally posted by CyberShy

Well, since christianity may be the most influencive religion to culture and civilization on this earth that's not really a strange decision.

And in fact Judaism is the source for christianity, so one might say that Judaism is the most influencive religion / culture. Islam ie. spawns from judaism/christianity.

That's already 3.2 billion people on the current world
                    bleh

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                      If Christiannity was the most influentive religion we would live in a world of compassion, spirituality, love, even a world where poetry live side by side of reality. I do think we dont live in this world...
                      Yep. Like during the Inquisition. Awww, come on! This is a game forum!
                      The tallest trees from acorns grow...

Comment

Does anyone have a full list of the titles on the soundtrack, please? Or know where to get it? The .mp3 names are a bit short on info sometimes, especially for the medieval ones.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                          the intro (Leonard Nimoy reading Genesis) is Christian
                          Uhm, the intro is not Genesis. It describes the emergence of Earth and life in a Darwinian fashion. There are also Darwin's quotes in game and he is in as a Great Scientist.
                          The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                          - Frank Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfield
                            The music is great, I want to take it and burn it to a CD.. quoick question though:

Would I be breaking the EULA if I did burn it to a CD for personal use? I did not think it would.
                            I don't know about the EULA but I'm pretty sure it would fit within the DMCA as a personal copy. It would roughly be the same as copying songs from a CD into an MP3 player for personal use.

Tom P.
                            Please note: I am not a lawyer. I do not claim to be a legal professional. The preceding opinion was formed through experience and deduction and makes no claim at being a legal standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Fine, but Genesis has its origins in Jewish mythology, so stating it's "Christian" is simply inaccurate.
                              So is stating it's Jewish.

Genesis is the same in the Bible, the Torah, and the Quran.

So, which religion is it? Hmm?

You do realise that the first five books of the Bible are the same in all three religions, don't you?

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

Tom P.
                                Please note: I am not a lawyer. I do not claim to be a legal professional. The preceding opinion was formed through experience and deduction and makes no claim at being a legal standpoint.

RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas
                                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                                X