No announcement yet.

Civ 4 Music :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love the African songs. Gives me goosebumps !
    Greetz, Ramses

Comment

Originally posted by Jalinth
      I truly enjoy the music. What I am looking for is the lyrics for "The People are the Heroes Now". I've done a few Google searchs, but no luck.
      It's originally a quote from Mao Tse-Tung's "Little Red Book". The vocal piece in the Civ soundtrack is from Act I of John Adams' opera Nixon in China. Here is one page I found with the the lyrics:

The people are the heroes now
      Behemoth pulls the peasant's plow
      When we look up, the fields are white
      With harvest in the morning light
      And mountain ranges one by one
      Rise red beneath the harvest moon

Comment

Firaxis dudes: How would I add more musical tracks to the different eras (not replacing any)? Is this possible? I know in Civ3 the number of tracks was fixed. I'm assuming this is not the case in the super-moddable Civ4, yes?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Excellent music!
          The game menu soundtrack is awesome!

I also liked the references to other Sid Meier's games. Here is the list I found by myself:
          some nations themes out of Civ I, remasterized (e. g. persian)
          some out of civ 3: the greeks
          some out of colonization: the americans with george washington

There is also one Civ 3 theme in the classical era.

And if you ever built Oracle, perhaps did you recognise the music for Xenoempathy Dome of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri... (it makes my PC crash almost every time :-( )

Did someone find other "remembrances" from SM's games??

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            Firaxis dudes: How would I add more musical tracks to the different eras (not replacing any)? Is this possible? I know in Civ3 the number of tracks was fixed. I'm assuming this is not the case in the super-moddable Civ4, yes?
            Have you tried placing the mp3s in the folder?

As a quick test you can remove the other songs and just put one or two custom ones in, to make sure it works.

Comment

Well, no, but I assume placing the mp3s in the folder won't just cause the game to play them, right? I mean, something has to tell the game to play new files.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                I must say, as a non-Christian I am absolutely non-offended by this choice of menu music. I demand an immediate non-apology from Firaxis for the religiously-toned non-slight towards my fellow non-Christians and I or else they'll being hearing from my non-lawyer...
                Isn't it interesting though that eventhough Firaxis included other religions, that the main music is Christian, the intro (Leonard Nimoy reading Genesis) is Christian and a lot of the tech quotes are from the Bible and they removed Darwin's Voyage?

Oh, and yes, the music is awesome!
                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

#Lie Mode activated

Thats's o.k.. Since the religious right wing is know to be the principale shareholder of Firaxis andthey wanted a game to "influence" the kids to believe in Creationism. Sid is a well known creationism...

Right wing always have a secret agenda...

#Lie Mode Deactivated

Yep... i'm just kiddin....

I love more in more John Adams music.. I'm going to prepare my Italian spaguetti salsa while listening J. Adams. It's absolutely beautifull.

Originally posted by The diplomat

Isn't it interesting though that eventhough Firaxis included other religions, that the main music is Christian, the intro (Leonard Nimoy reading Genesis) is Christian and a lot of the tech quotes are from the Bible and they removed Darwin's Voyage?

Oh, and yes, the music is awesome!
                  Last edited by CrONoS; November 2, 2005, 16:55.
                  bleh

Comment

Genesis is Jewish. And Darwin gets a nod in the Biology advance, although I think removing ToE was silly, given its dramatic importance to science.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Genesis is Jewish
                      Well, yeah. But Genesis is in the Christian Bible too since Christianity has its roots in Judaism.
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Well, no, but I assume placing the mp3s in the folder won't just cause the game to play them, right? I mean, something has to tell the game to play new files.
                        Custom Music Soundtrack in the Audio tab you can simply pick a folder and it plays music from there. I'm pretty sure it's the same for the main soundtrack with each of the specific era music folders.

Comment

HEY SOREN can you give us his web page please? John Adams and doing a search on that gives you lots of people, naming a DEAD PRESIDENT and some other composure.

I went to his web site but no listing for CIV IV so not shure if this is the John Adams you are talking about.

Comment

The thing Nimoy reads in the intro is not the Genesis. The opening sentence is, like it was in Civ1, but the rest of the intro is pulled straight from Civ1 and has little to do with the Bible or the creation myth. It actually details the birth of life and the process of evolving to man in a way that should make your average creationist cringe.

Custom Music Soundtrack in the Audio tab you can simply pick a folder and it plays music from there. I'm pretty sure it's the same for the main soundtrack with each of the specific era music folders.
                            I think the era specifics are hardcoded to the track names. This I believe because when I placed my own mp3s into the /Classical/ directory and took out the AncientSoundtrackX.mp3 files, when the game entered Classical age, it played nothing and displayed an error message saying "Could not find AncientSoundtrackX.mp3 blahblah".

Although I have yet to try this so that I point the "custom soundtrack" directory to the actual game music directory, with the custom songs added... a sort of expanded soundtrack, if you will.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

"shure?"

That's his official cite. I'd doubt it would reference Civ4, since he didn't compose the music for the game, the game used some of his already-extant pieces (such as from Nixon in China.

Trip: Hmm, thanks, I will check that out. Will it only play Mp3s? I have a lot of files in WMA format.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                                Well, yeah. But Genesis is in the Christian Bible too since Christianity has its roots in Judaism.
                                Fine, but Genesis has its origins in Jewish mythology, so stating it's "Christian" is simply inaccurate.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X